. chapter six .

a page ripped from an old book...

A sports game for the athletes just ended, Pete, Dallon, and Cody were all drenched in sweat, along with Josh and Brendon, they cheered hard. It was suggested to end the night off with a campfire at Dallon's house, no one disagreed. Everybody let their arms hang out of the topless jeeps as the deep blue wind let them fly, late 90's music playing in the background, it was not safe, they already knew that.

 When they arrived, the campfire held about eight people, not including the ones that were teased for being on the ground, like Tyler. Josh was in a lawn chair right behind his boyfriend, often playing with his hair when no one had their direct attention on them.

"Who wants to play a game? it'll be fun..!" Pete smirked, looking at nearly everyone at once. 

"Only if everyone's playin'," Debby said with sass, looking at Tyler with the corner of her eyes.

"Yea, why not." Josh spoke. everyone else basically mumbled the same thing.

"Action ou Vérité." Pete said in French, everyone looked at him strangely. "It's French for 'truth or dare'." Pete rolled his eyes, everyone understood, except Brendon, he was a bit slow.

"I don't think I'm ready." Patrick whispered to Tyler, he scootched closer to comfort him, Josh felt jealous but knew they were just friends and that Patrick was totally crushing on Pete. "We're in Junior year, you should have been prepared for this." Tyler told Patrick without even looking at him.

"Hey, Tyler. come up here." Tyler looked back to see Josh patting his lap, Tyler shined his pretty white teeth and crawled on his boyfriend's lap. Patrick pulled out his inhaler an used it as quietly as he could whilst chatter flooded the backyard.

"I'll go first!" Ashley tried to hush the crowd, everyone listened but waited to see who the first victim was gonna be. " Ashley quickly pointed her finger across the fire "Brendon!" she nearly shouted, "truth or dare?" everyone looked to the boy that was chosen. 

"Thanks, but pass." Brendon said innocently, the yard erupted with laughter, Ashley was slapping her knees with joy, Brendon let out a tiny smile knowing he was just messing around.

"Truth, I'm not taking any chances." Ashley huffed, along with the rest of the troublemakers. "Fine. whats your idea of a perfect date?" a smile crept from the corner of her mouth, making Brendon think, Dallon leaned in slightly. 

"I like the moon, anything outside at nighttime." he smiled, Tyler saw Dallon taking mental notes. 

The fire grew weak, Mikey threw some more logs into the pit, Ashley punched him lightly for getting ashes everywhere. 

"Tyler, truth or dare." Brendon's stare struck Tyler, Patrick stared back at him with a mocking stare and a giggle, Tyler did the same back. 

Tyler was obviously gonna say 'truth' until he heard a whisper in his ear. "dare" Josh spoke, he said it multiple times until Tyler said it out loud himself, smiling at Josh's impact. 

Everyone let out a seductive 'oooh' at Tyler's choice, Brendon rubbed his hands together and was ready to give Tyler his dare. 

"Makeout with Josh for fifteen seconds." Ashley pulled out a timer on her phone, Debby didn't look too happy, although she never did when Josh was around Tyler.

 An awkward laugh escaped Tyler when he was given his dare, Josh just smiled proudly like any other teen boy would, ready to play the game, comforting Tyler with his grip around him.

"Ok, fine." Tyler said with little confidence, it wasn't that he didn't want to kiss Josh, he was just preparing for it, mentally.

Tyler leaned into Josh, everyone watching as if it were a romantic movie, Tyler kissed Josh with and award-winning kiss as the main actor, Josh reciprocated, sparks flew. Not just from the fire in front of them.

- totally not them but still looks aesthetic -

Everyone patiently waited the fifteen seconds, clapping lightly when they split apart, blush on their cheeks, Tyler resembled a little cherry blossom in Josh's eyes.  

"Didn't think you had that in you, Tyler." Brendon was the first to speak, Tyler's mood switch immediately looking across the flames, Debby had gone during the kiss and was nowhere to be seen, Tyler looked around.

"What's wrong?" Josh softly turned Tyler's cheek to him, worried. "where's Debby?" Josh sighed, he knew Debby didn't like him.

"Just forget about her tonight, we're having fun." Josh tried convincing Tyler to snap out of his trance, he didn't agree. 

"I want to leave, I'm tired." Tyler put their entire conversation behind them, just wanting to leave, Josh calmly agreed.

"Ok fine," Josh turned to Dallon "is there a place me and Tyler could crash?" Josh used his eyes to show Dallon how Tyler was laying on Josh, his head in the crook of Josh's neck. Dallon was gonna respond but nodded his head, getting up and directing them to a room in the house.

-

Hope you guys like this one, I'm trying update more, also thank you guys for nearly a hundred views!

Perfect Places - Lorde