. chapter eight .

a page was torn from an old book..

Josh made Tyler feel like a god.

When they were together, Josh felt like gold in Tyler's hands. A grand pearl necklace around his neck when they cuddled.

"you ready?" Josh looked at Tyler like he was a child.

"of course I am, it's only a teenage frat party?" Tyler was taking everything out of proportion.

"Okay, just checking" They slept at Dallons house last night and a couch isn't the best place for a couple to sleep together.

Tyler cooed and rubbed the back of his neck, Josh snickered. He broke one of the vital rules when dealing with a cranky lover, laughing out loud.

"What!?" Tyler turned to Josh, a flame in his eyes.

"Not-thing." Josh stuttered "Whats wrong?" Josh slowly pranced to Tyler, making him giggle. "I think I'm getting sick and that dirty old couch doesn't help." Josh laced his hands around Tyler's waist, slightly holding him up while he rubbed his head in frustration.

"I guess you cant come to the wicked party I'm going to tonight, too bad." Josh made a smirk that Tyler wouldn't see but knew was there. "Maybe you're just lovesick."   

"We just slept on a couch together." Tyler said straight-faced. "Exactly, you must be so sick of me, I don't think we've ever hung out this long." 

"I don't think that's what lovesick means, Josh." Tyler gave a kiss to Josh on his cheek, Josh was still wondering what it meant.

They showed up to Pete's party early, They were let into Pete's house an hour before the party started.

Tyler was intimidated by the countless jocks and teens at the party, even though him and Josh were a thing he still scoped out the handful of extremely attractive men around the house.

Tyler noticed a tall, handsome man staring Tyler from across the living room, he seemed older but the other boys treated him like one of their own. Tyler didn't know whether to tell Josh or keep eye contact with the man, Tyler chose to deal with it himself since Josh was occupied with a small group of girls hitting on him.

Tyler bumped Josh's arm, spilling nearly a drop of beer on his jeans. "Its just one cup, Tyler." The group of girls looked at Tyler then walked away. "You said you wouldn't." Tyler crossed his arms and had an emotion mixed between a pout and an angry glance.

More people arrived which made Tyler's headache worse, he was strongly regretting his choice to join Josh at this stupid party. Tyler pulled orange streamers out of his hair while he dumped alcohol out of his red cup and filled it with tap water, Josh was now on his fourth cup of 'Ohio's greatest brew'.

He then realized that he had lost Josh in the crowd, he looked back to the spot on the couch where he was equally drinking and talking. Tyler shrugged his shoulders since the last person he was with was a woman, he hoped she knew that they weren't gonna get far at all.

"wheres your arm candy?" Tyler rolled his eyes to the man talking to him, he looked and saw it was the man staring him down earlier, what did he want.

"Don't tell me your hitting on him too?" Tyler gave him a disappointed look.

"Nope, not really my type." It was silent beside the noise of mentally unstable teens around them. "Can we go somewhere quieter?" Tyler barely heard what he said but followed him, he knew he shouldn't have but the house was filled, there's nothing he could do without anyone watching.

They stopped in the hallway, the lights were dim and so was the noise. 

"So why aren't you drinking tonight? You're literally the only one." Tyler wasn't drunk but he was just a tiny bit zoned out from his mind beating harshly all night. 

"Are you okay? I have some Advil, you look like you need it." Tyler nodded his head, he just wanted to be home if he was being honest. Tyler took two of the strangers advil and chugged it down with tap water. 

"I'm not much of a drinker." Tyler made slight eye contact with the man, his eyes were very tired. 

"So is your man coming back?" He took a big sip from his cup. "Why? are you trying to hook up with me?" Tyler thought of himself as a realist. 

"Well, no objection here." Tyler was surprised when he didn't immediately deny the man, the man was attractive and Josh wasn't here to stop him, He was becoming furious at Josh, wherever he was.

Tyler's head didn't really stop banging, his vision was getting really blurry. 

"Are you okay?" The man blurted out when Tyler fell into his arms from his legs giving out, he quickly stood back up. "Let's get you someplace to lay down." The man looked to a nearby room and helped Tyler towards it, Tyler shakily turned the knob.

Tyler's stomach gave out onto the carpet when he saw what he thought could never happen, Josh was in the room but he wasn't alone. The sight of a girl with hair dyed two ways made Tyler scream on the inside, he was at the pinnacle of messy.

Josh turned his head when he saw the girls traumatized face, he quickly covered himself up noticing Tyler being held by another, taller, older man. Josh was equally ashamed and angry.

Tyler ended the night laying on the floor crying in his own vomit until he felt someone picking him up and helping him out, he knew it was Debbie coming to rescue him.

-

I really hope someone actually likes this book, let me know if you'd like this to continue. I was just planning on ending it here.

Isombard - Declan McKenna