chapter 7 physically and mentally

The phone rings from inside the house and my dad lets go of me and ran to the phone. Zayn touch my hand from where my father grab it. "Are you okay, Hayley? Does it hurt?" He rubs the bruise on my arm slowly and lightly. His eyes were filled with sorrow and I told him "It was nothing, I'm fine". Zayn looks in my eyes and said "you don't have to pretend at least not with me". Before I could even say anything back my father came back outside and ask Zayn ten more questions that didn't make sense. Zayn look at him and back at me and told me 'bye' ignoring my father's questions before walking away. I smile at him and said "bye". When Zayn pulled off, I ran upstairs, hearing my father running upstairs after me. I ran straight into my room and locked the door. I push against the door as he bangs the door trying to bust it open.

After five minutes later he went away, I slide against the door down to the floor and cried. I heard light footsteps walking in the house, I wiped the tears from my face and opened the door and ran down stairs. i quickly explain to my mom what happened leaving out Zayn. My mother and I walk slowly back into my room before he heard her coming in. She helps me push the door shut and it slammed. He comes running back to the door and knock on it even harder. We both push the door back using both of our strength against the door. Finally the knocking on my door stop and when I open it he was passed out of the floor. As my mother tried to help him up and bring him to the bed. I cried out to her begging her to stop, She comes closer to me holding me as I cry on her shoulder. I sobbed into her shirt and told her to "stop, just stop caring for him, stop letting him abused us physically and mentally". I tried to pull away from her but she holds me even tighter.

She whispered to me "I know, Hayley but starting in September you will be far, far away from here starting college..." I cut her off and said "yeah while he will be just throwing you from wall to wall". I wanted to keep on talking about it but when I saw the fear in her eyes I stop. She opened her mouth and before words could come out he started to move. Afraid that he would wake up she told me to leave. I leap pass him and headed out. I had nowhere to go, no one to talk to, not that I wanted anyone to know, not even Jason knows. I kept my private life just that private, but somehow someone did know, Zayn he witness everything.

After realizing that I had nowhere to go I walk back to the park hoping that it would relief my stress but it only made me wonder where Jason was. I couldn't even call him, my phone was still dead from last night and with my dad's outrage I didn't get a chance to charge it. I walk back to the wing set and Zayn was there swinging back and forth. When Zayn saw me coming towards him he jumps off the swing set and walk towards me. Zayn's smiled made the pain easier to bare but it was still there. I asked Zayn if I could borrow his phone. Zayn raised an eyebrow and stick his hand in his pocket. I took it from Zayn and told him I would be right back, as I walk away. I called Jason hoping that he would answer but he didn't, maybe it's because he doesn't know the phone number?

I walk back to Zayn and he held two different ice cone in his hand. I couldn't help but to smile at his nice gestured. He handed me the vanilla ice cream cone and we sat on the swing sit. I thank him and asked him how did he know I like vanilla. He smiled and said "it was a lucky guess". I saw Zayn staring at my arm in the corner of his eyes. I knew that he was wondering what happened this afternoon and was it a consist problem. I said "about what happened..... " Zayn stopped me and said "it's okay, you don't have to tell me" with a smile. I was relieved that he knew I wasn't comfortable to tell him something so personal at least not yet.

When we finish our ice cream, we started to swing back and forth. Before I even notice it was already six o'clock. Zayn offered me a ride when he saw me staring at the sky. I flashback to this morning after coming back to the present I turn to Zayn and said "No I don't want to leave". Zayn bite his lip and gave me a strong smile. I smile back and ask him "what". He laughed and said "you don't want to leave me?" I playfully shoved Zayn and said "don't be cocky, but yeah I'm enjoying myself". Zayn faked falling back but bounce right back up holding onto the swing set chains.