e l e v e n

the sound of a phone ringing wakes remus up. he whines a little, rubbing his eyes, and nuzzles his cheek further into sirius' neck.

"sirius," he mumbles, nudging the other sleeping boy.

"nooo," sirius whines, holding remus closer. remus has to fight back the urge to giggle, but goes still, face still hidden in sirius' neck. he's on his way to falling back asleep as sirius' phone stops ringing, but then it immediately starts ringing again. "fucking hell!"

that makes remus giggle. "do you want me to get it?"

"yes," sirius responds. remus, not having expected that answer, hesitates for a second. sirius doesn't move, though, or open his eyes, not even when his phone starts ringing for the third time. 

"do you want me to answer it?"

"would you mind very much if i said yes? as long as it's not my mother." there is no affection in the term, it's just what he must call her, remus can tell.

"okay." remus gets out of the bed and finds sirius' phone. it's on its fourth ring cycle, and remus answers it. "hello?"

the person on the other end of the phone sounds confused. "hello? uh...have i dialed the wrong number?"

remus shakes his head before he remembers that this person can't see him. "no, sirius is half-asleep and made me answer his phone."

the person laughs at that. "typical sirius. can  you tell him it's regulus, please?"

"oh, you're his brother," remus mumbles, unsure of why he said that out loud.

"yeah. he's mentioned me?"

"uh-huh."

"hmm." regulus doesn't sound upset, just confused and a bit surprised. remus tilts the mouthpiece away from his face.

"sirius, it's your brother."

sirius jolts upright. "it's regulus?" he repeats, delighted. he's smiling widely despite the evident exhaustion on his face, and remus feels bad for having woken him up in the middle of the night every time the thunder startled him. he hands the phone over. "reg?" whatever regulus says, it makes sirius laugh. 

remus lays in the bed beside sirius, who's sitting upright against the headboard. cheek smushed against the pillow, remus watches sirius' face -- he loves his brother very much, remus can tell. he's beaming even as he scolds him, and his eyes crinkle at the corners.

"what was that?" sirius asks into the phone. "oh, yeah. his name is remus." remus feel his cheeks go pink just at sirius saying his name. "yeah. he's really, really cute." sirius is smiling as he watches remus' reaction to this -- the poor boy is flustered and sirius has hardly even said anything yet. "oh, yeah, dude. he's totally into me."

"sirius!" remus gasps, cheeks going even pinker somehow.

"yeah. no, he's a total sweetheart. i saved him from this douchebag in a bar and now we're making out on the regular. life's good." sirius is smirking down at remus now, definitely enjoying this way too much.

remus smacks his thigh.

"ow -- what? no, shut up, regulus, nobody's spanking anybody, you kinky little shit." remus makes an embarrassed shriek and hides his face in the pillow. "no, but really, he's great. i really like him." sirius' voice has gone softer, fonder, and he strokes remus' hair gently. "it scares me a bit, how much i do."