t h i r t e e n

a/n: hi everyone!! thank u for all the comments on the last chapter!! i'm still smiling thinking about it omg you're all so nice!! my girlfriend is making fun of me and calling me a smiley baby which i am nOT i am just so excITED!!! like it makes me wanna update more and this update ended up being 1.5k words which took time i should've spent studying but who cares!! anyway i wanted to say thank u soooo much i love u!! i hope u guys are being nice to yourselves!! maybe take some time and watch ur fav show or eat something yummy!! i'm eating pancakes rn and they're delicious and i'm happy so i hope you're happy too!! u deserve to be i love u!! and if u guys are looking for friends pls message me bc i'm a lonely baby on this website :(( ok and sorry my author's notes are so long IM SO ANNOYING WHY AM I LIKE THIS ok love u bye bye!!

"remus." a voice at his ear, a hand touching his side, attempting to gently shake him awake. "remus, babycakes, we're here."

remus keeps his eyes shut, but moves a hand up to rub them. "sirius?"

sirius kisses his cheek, enamored. "yeah, sweetheart, it's me. come on, you've gotta get up now, we're here."

"we're where?" remus whines, way too warm and comfortable to want to even think about having to wake up.

"anaheim," sirius responds, and remus jolts upright.

"anaheim? disneyland?!" he gasps, delighted and excited, and sirius lets out a fond laugh at touches his cheek.

"yeah, we're here! we stopped a motel to dump our stuff, and then we can head out. does that sound okay to you?"

remus nods, beaming, and gets out of the van to grab his suitcase. he follows sirius inside, rubbing his eyes with his free hand, trying to get the last of the sleepiness out of his body.

"are you excited?" lily's voice asks. she bounds over to him and wraps both arms around his waist, giggling delightedly.

"i'm so excited," he admits, laughing, and he winds his arms back around lily, squeezes her close. 

- - -

"lily, james sent me over here to get you," sirius calls into their room. remus has fallen asleep again, and lily is doodling in her sketchbook.

"shhh, remus is sleeping," she calls back in a loud whisper, but she gets up all the same, her red ponytail swaying as she catches the door. "you can stay if you want. remus hates waking up by himself."

"maybe i will," sirius responds, staring at remus' sleeping form, gaze so fond it's almost gross.

lily shoves him into the room. "dork," she laughs, and slips out. sirius stares down at remus, brushing a few pieces of hair out of his face. at his touch, remus shifts and opens a sleepy eye.

"oh, sweetheart, i'm so sorry," sirius says in a rushed, quiet voice. "go back to sleep." he pulls his arm back, which is still touching remus' face.

"stay with me," remus whispers, voice raspy and tired. his fingers clutch at the end of sirius' shirtsleeve, and then his fingers. "please?"

"okay, sweetheart." sirius climbs into the bed behind remus, wraps an arm around him and pulls him into his chest. remus cuddles closer and shuts his eyes, playing with sirius' fingers. sirius traces shapes in the back of remus' shirt, and remus just lays still, but he doesn't go back to sleep.