n i n e t e e n

a/n: hi! surprise extra update!! this fic has one more chapter before it ends :( so please check out my other fics if you enjoy my writing!! "bookworm" will be very similar to this one :))) love u!!!!

"i hate apartment hunting," james grumbles. he's been in a grumpy mood all day, and it's been hilarious to see how sirius attempts to cheer him up. james and lily have been holding hands, but sirius took his free hand, and remus took regulus', so they've been walking through town like one, big, human chain. it's proven to be more impractical than anything else, considering sirius refuses to let go of james' and remus' hands for anything, even when people need to get by, which has resulted in some unwanted games of 'london bridge' for random passersby. 

"your wife is such a grump," regulus tells sirius, frowning.

"what? remus isn't grumpy," sirius responds, confused. remus' cheeks go pink.

"i'm not your wife!" he huffs, which, of course, sirius ignores.

"what? no, that's your boyfriend, idiot. james is your wife," regulus explains.

"what!? what makes me the wife?!" james shouts.

lily is laughing. "no, that sounds right, actually!"

"we're not even married!"

"we're a little married," sirius says back.

james has to shrug. he can't exactly deny that. "sorry, lily," he says.

"it's okay. remus and i are a little married, too. right?"

remus nods. "hella married."

regulus snorts. "god, we're so fucking weird. who am i married to?!"

"you can be married to me and lily," remus offers.

"um, i don't want you to be married to my brother while you're dating me. that's weird," sirius frowns. 

"well, i'm not being single, so...suck it up," regulus laughs back.

eventually they make it to the realtor's office that james' parents suggested. after having all been in boston for a few weeks, they realized that everyone living in the potters' house is a bit cramped. also a bit ridiculous. they love the potters to death, of course, but they've decided it'd be a better idea to find a place of their own. and by their own, they mean a place where the five of them can all live together.

"hey," sirius greets the realtor. he's still refused to let go of james' and remus' hands, the asshole. "we're looking for an apartment for me, my wife, his girlfriend, and her husbands."

the realtor stares at them blankly. "what?"

james pinches the bridge of his nose. "ignore him, please."

"was anything i said untrue?" sirius questions, and everyone rolls their eyes. remus is trying not to laugh.

"what he means," james interrupts, still pinching the bridge of his nose. "is that we're looking for an apartment for all of us. three bedrooms would be perfect." he still sounds annoyed, and lily leans her chin on his shoulder and rubs his arm. his face softens a bit, and he kisses the side of her head.

- - -

a few hours later, they've seen all of the available apartments the realtor has to offer. they sit at the realtor's office staring at the floor plans while james sulks by himself on one of the sofas.

"ha ha, suckers. i get my own room," regulus taunts.

"well, we get excessive amounts of love and affection, so joke's on you," sirius says back.