Chapter 99 (wedding part 2)

*not every ceremony is described in detail. I am not very keen about indian weddings and its rituals that is why. Apologies people. By the way this is the last chapter. Happy reading.*

"Are you sure?" He asked me for 10th time now.

"Yes Manik, I am fine. Don't worry I'll take some rest after this." He nodded for the 10th time but I know he still isn't convinced. Manik was the one who gave this wonderful idea of 2 way wedding and now he somewhat was regretting it. Not marrying me ofcourse but the 2 wedding and all the rituals were giving us a hard time. Not that we're not enjoying but I can see faces tiresome. Even our family is constantly nagging, they are not good at hiding.

Right now, We all were sitting on our lunch table with loads and loads of varieties of dishes, from continental to italian to indian. Most of the guest had occupied their seats after giving me and Manik good wishes.
To save some time and energy, speeches by our friends and family was accommodated here. And as per Manik's instuctions, they were short.

"Ahem, Hello beautiful Ladies and Gentlemen." Cabir got up and gathered our attention.

"Today is a bright day and brighter are our bride and groom too. So, for them we i.e. their friends cum family have prepared a small token of love in the form of some speeches. I hope they get our message." I smiled at him. Manik squeezed my hand which he was holding since the beginning.

The first one to come was obviously dadi. She smiled at me as she wore her glasses to read.

"The first day Manik brought Nandini home, all I could see was how scared she was to meet me.

"Namaste... dadi" she stammered and managed to say a word, joining her hands.
"Namaste..." Dadi said in a stern tone.
"Mm...mera naam N..nandini hai..mai ...Maanik ki secretary hun.." it was hard for her to introduce herself even.

I couldn't help but play along. A little and a trifle touch of innocense in her made me realize what a gem my grandson chose for himself. Then she was a guest, now she makes those four walls a home. I am thankful Manik. Thankful with every cell of mine that you brought such a beautiful angel in our lives. Bless you. Stay happy kids." I smiled at how just a few words she made me aware of my journey here with these people. We got up and touched her feet.

"God bless you." She muttered.

Next was ofcourse Mia, she got up with her asusual poppy smile and winked at us. Manik making an irritated face shook his head.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for coming today. I am Mia Malhotra and here I am to congratulate my brother and his wife for their wedding. They already know that I am the happiest person here today seeing them togehter and so I don't have to elaborate much. I love you bhai. I love you Nandu di. Stay healthy and together forever. Thank you." Strangely she too did the whole speech thing in a few minutes and sat down. Not so Mia I guess. But Mia's face at Manik and Manik's smirk told another story. Don't tell me he bribed her again.

Soon, all of them gave us their wishes and we quickly finished our lunch.

"You'll be okay. Right?" He again asked me. I sighed and kept my hand on his chest giving him a tight kiss on his cheek.

"Yes Manik. I am good. I have to be, its my wedding afterall. Please don't worry."

He smiled placing his hand on my cheek. In a swift I was pulled by my waist close to his chest. He leaned and whispered.
"You're not making it all easy on me jaan. Can't wait to run away with you." My heart rapidly paced up its speed. Run away? What does he mean?

"Ma.." but he cut me off.

"Shush..." he kept his finger on my lips.
"Its our little secret jaan. Now go and get ready for me." He said making me all confused. Shouldn't this be a normal wedding day? I was enough tired to think about my husband's complicated puzzles.