The Asset

(The B.U.S.)

Lyra's POV.

[Lyra's Outfit]

Whilst Fitz and Simmons are in the lab, Ward has just put up a boxing bag in which I am holding with both hanss as he punches it whilst we wait for Skye to come in for her mid-day training to become a S

Whilst Fitz and Simmons are in the lab, Ward has just put up a boxing bag in which I am holding with both hanss as he punches it whilst we wait for Skye to come in for her mid-day training to become a S.H.E.I.L.D. agent, and the way Ward explained the S.H.E.I.L.D. training, its pretty much the same as level one basics in police training, which was a piece of cake for me seven years ago.

"You know, your late?" Ward asks Skye who is just now coming down the stairs in some sport wear I brrowed her, and Ward stops punching the boxing bag.

"I'm tired from this morning's work-out. Thought I was joining S.H.I.E.L.D. not twenty-four hours fitness." Skye whines.

"It's called relatives strength training, it starts with basics." I explain to her as Ward tightens the bandages on her fists.

"Yeah, and next time you can do fifteen push-ups for every minute your late." Ward adds.

"Fine, Mr and Ms. fun machines, next time I'll do pull-ups. I don't ever want to do a pull-up ever again." Skye tells us.

"Find yourself hanging off the edge of a building twenty stories up, your gonna want to do at least one." Ward recommends her before he stands in front of the punching bag.

"Stand like Ward, jack-cross." I tell her as I hold the boxing bag in preparation for Ward, and he punches it four times, twice with each fist "Ten minutes." I tell Skye. Skye then switches positions with Ward and stands jack-cross before starting to punch the boxing bag with both fists, but slowly and tiredly.

"You know the hardest part about boxing?" Ward asks her.

"Getting punched in the face?" Skye right hooks the boxing bag forcefully.

"Keeping your hands up." I tell her as I releae the boxing bag momentarily, and I put my fists in front of my face protectively before holding the boxing bag again.

"Why do we even need to do this? I'm sure Fitz and Simmons supervising officer didn't make them do muscle stuff." Skye complains as she continues to punch the bag with both fists.

"You said you wanted to be a field agent like Coulson?" Ward asks her as she stops punching the bag and looks to him "If you'd like to switch disciplines..." He trails off as he turns to Fitz and Simmons who are testing a spray against an invisible laser light "Hey, Simmons. What did your S.O. give you guys for morning field?" He calls.to her through the open lab doors.

"Oh, atomistic attribute drills. Yeah, we named a mechanical chemical firm." Simmons begins to list.

"Electrical properties and materials-" Fitz tries to say, but Skye cuts him off.

"Okay, okay, I get your point." Skye sighs, and Skye begins to punch the boxing bag again with both fists.

"There will become a moment when you have to commit to this, or bail. Lyra obviously chose commit as she became a police officer. Every field agent has a defining moment, ask Coulson. You have to make the hard call, you need to dedicate yourself to this, or curl up into a ball and run." Ward explains to her.