Girl In The Flower Dress

(The B.U.S.)

Lyra's POV.

[Lyra's Outfit]

Instead of second morning training, Ward decided that instead of cardio workout, that Battleships is just as good of a S

Instead of second morning training, Ward decided that instead of cardio workout, that Battleships is just as good of a S.H.I.E.L.D training exercise. How? I have absolute no idea. And right down I am sitting in the lounge o the couch as I rest my right arm against the back of the couch as I watch Ward and Skye sitting beside a window as they play battleships, and so far Skye is winning as Skye sits closer to my right and Ward sits closer to my left.

"Every decision you make from here on out has consequences. So be warned... The kiddie gloves are off." Ward warns her in a serious tone.

"G-7." Skye smiles, and Ward looks down at his ships only to look at it with a straight face.

"Hit." Ward states.

"Yes! Ha!" Skye says in victory before she picks and places a white pin in her board with her right hand, and Ward picks up a red pin and places it into his board with his right hand.

"So, explain to us again what this has to do with her training?" I ask Ward with a confused smile.

"It's important for every S.O. to evaluate their student's thought process..." Ward explains to me.

"Mm-hmm... And my police S.O. played Ouija board with me." I say sarcastically.

"... And I like board games. B-10." Ward says.

"Nope." Skye smiles, and Ward picks up another red pin and places a red pin into his board with his right hand "This isn't thinking. This is stabbing in the dark, but it's nice to take a break from the workouts." She says to him.

"Well... You deserve a break. I got to give Coulson credit. I would have never pegged an Ex-Rising Tide hacker as a good fit, but... You're picking things up pretty fast." Ward admits, and Skye and myself look at each other in slight surprise.

"Did you just give her a compliment?" I ask him a little shocked.

"I... No, I made a comment." Ward refuses to admit to the compliment giving.

"A kind one. Did it physically hurt to do that? Do you need an ice pack?" Skye laughs lightly, Ward smiles as he holds back a chuckle.

"Wow. A compliment and a smile." I smile at Ward.

"Comment." Ward repeats himself as he forces his smile to fade.

"I don't want to ruin the moment, but I'm gonna have to respond with... G-4." Skye sighs with a small smile, and Ward looks down at his board, only for his face to fall in defeat "Say it, Ward. Say it." She smilingly leans forward in her seat.

"... You sank my battleship." Ward tries to act emotionless, yet secret a poor loser, making Skye and myself laugh.

"Yes!" Skye shouts winningly.