Chapter 5

I don't own any of the characters or anything else that you might recognize

Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV

The next morning I slept until that afternoon I looked at my phone and I saw that I had a text from Piper asking me if I wanted to go to the mall with her at 2:00. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 1:00 now. I texted her back saying that I would be there. I grabbed my phone, wallet and key and began to walk to the door. Then I realized that I was still in the clothes I was wearing yesterday. I changed then walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I walked out Piper and her roommates were getting ready to go. I told Piper that I just had to grab my phone and money. I rushed to my room to grab my stuff. I grabbed my stuff then met Piper and her roommates at the curb so that we could all go together. 

Piper said "Annabeth this is Calypso and this is Thalia." 

I replied "Hello, my name is Annabeth. I'm in the dorm down the hall from you. This is my first year here" 

We began walking to the mall. We walked in silence until Piper spoke. 

"Hey Calypso! How are things going with Leo?" 

Calypso was very eager to answer that question. 

She replied back right away "Things have never been better. I met his family over the summer. That was fun." 

Then Piper turned to Thalia and said "Did you find a boy that you are interested in yet?" 

Thalia responded "the only guy I'm interested in has a girlfriend and I'm not saying who." 

When we got to the mall we ran around crazy. I didn't buy much. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt. Piper and Calypso bought a lot of stuff. Thalia just bought a black shirt. We walked back to the school 2 hours later. 

I said on the way back "Does anyone know anyone who is good with tools? I'm trying to put a shelf up but it won't stay." 

Calypso said that she would ask her boyfriend Leo if he could come over a give me a hand." I said thanks and went back to my room to do some more cleaning. Calypso quickly got a reply saying that he could help me later today. After I finished my cleaning I fell asleep from exhaustion. I was waken up by a knock at the door. I got up and answered the door. 

"Hi, I'm Leo, Calypso's boyfriend. I heard that you needed some help with a shelf." 

"Yeah, I don't know what's wrong. I got the shelf up but as soon as I put stuff on it, it fell down." 

Leo walked over to my supplies. 

"Your problem is that your screws aren't long enough so they aren't going very deep into the wall. I have the correct ones here."

He quickly put up the shelf. 

"If you need anymore help, you know how to find me." 

"Thanks a lot Leo and I don't know if Calypso told you but I'm Annabeth." 

"It's nice to meet you." 

Leo left and I went back to sleep.