Chapter 9

I don't own anything you recognize

Percy's POV
Annabeth and I worked so hard for this. I really hope that we do well. I don't want to let her down. Mr. A passed around a list and had everyone write down the song that they were doing.

1. Annabeth- Percy (Endless Love)

2. Piper- Jason (summer nights)

3. Calypso- Leo (your the one that I want)

4. Nicole- Kevin (on my own)

5. Mia- Frank (don't go breaking my heart)

6. Lisa- Nicholas (no air)

7. Jenifer- Josh (I've had the time of my life)

8. Rachel-Luke (Promiscuous)

9. Isabella-Jake (locked away)

10. Thalia- William (my boo)

Annabeth and I went first. I said "I am Percy and this is Annabeth and we will be singing Endless Love by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. (Annabeth Percy BOTH)

My love, there's only you in my life

The only thing that's bright

My first love,

You're every breath that I take

You're every step I make

And I (I-I-I-I-I) I want to share

All my love with you

No one else will do

And your eyes your eyes your eyes

They tell me how much you care

Ooh yes

You will always be

My endless love

Two Hearts

Two hearts that beat as one

Our lives have just begun

Forever (Ohhhh)

Ill hold you close in my arms

I cant resist your charms

And love oh love

I'll be a fool, for you I'm sure

You know I don't mind oh

Cause you,

You mean the world to me oh

I know I know

I've found, I've found in you

My endless love

-INSTRUMENTAL-

OOOH-WOOW

Boom, boom

Boom boom boom,boom,boom,

Boom,boom,boom,boom'

Oooh, and love oh love

I'll be that fool for you I'm sure

You know I don't mind

Oh you know I don't mind

And yes,

You'll be the only one

Cause no one can deny

This love I have inside

And I'll give it all to you

My love, my love, my love

My endless love

As we were singing i couldn't help but stare at her as she played. The way that the light hit her blonde hair was so beautiful. I have never seen anyone look so beautiful. I swear i saw her look up at me too. I wonder if there could ever be something that neither of us expected. Her stormy eyes so enticing. I know i shouldn't stare but every time i look into them i get lost. I think that I'm falling for her. It hasn't been long but there is just something special about her. I walk towards her. By the end of the song I am as close to her as i can be without one of us messing up yet we are staring lost in one another eyes. I don't know if she is just playing a character. Whether she is or not, I refuse to look away. The end of the song comes and i strum the last note. Although neither of us are playing anymore i am still lost in those eyes. I don't look away until Mr. A clears his throat causing both of us to look away. We make our way back to our spots in the corner of the room. I don't know what came over me but i felt the need to tell her how amazing i thought we did. Instead of saying we were amazing i whispered in her ear you were amazing. I'm so stupid! She immediately looked away.

Annabeth's POV

Percy and I were first up to go. I sat down at the piano and took a breath. Its just music class. Your up here with Percy everything will be okay. I take another breath as i tell myself that over and over inside my head. I look at Percy for a nod signaling me that he is ready so that i can begin to play. My fingers move across the keys. I cant help but look at Percy occasionally. When it gets to the first part where we sing together I can't help but stare into his eyes. They are so easy to get lost in. By the end of the song, Percy has made his way over to me and we stare into each others eyes. The music ends but I can't look away. Mr. A clears his throat and i shoot my head away. I am thankful because i can feel the heat rising to may face and I am sure that i am blushing. We head back to the corner. Percy whispers in my ear, "you were amazing."
Any hope i had at not blushing is gone. I didn't want him to see me blush so i stared at the floor. Throughout the rest of the class, we said nothing. Occasionally I would look up at him. I spent the time in my daydreams wondering what it would be like if Percy was mine. I was brought out of my daydreams by Mr. A who announced that the grades would be posted outside the classroom sometime this week. He stated that if we had any questions regarding our grades to come and speak to him and he would explain them. The bell rang and i picked up my belongings to head to my next class.

Then I heard him, "Miss Chace, Mr Jackson will you remain behind for a moment?"

I felt my heart drop. I had never had to stay after class before. Was there a problem with our performance? Was i going to fail? A million questions raced through my head. The oohs from passing classmates on their way out the door didn't exactly help either. We put down our belongings and sat down. I braced myself for whatever was about to come.