Chapter 6

Picture the bottom part of the necklace as an owl and that is Annabeth's oufit

I don't own any of the characters or anything else that you might recognize.

Chapter 6

Annabeth's POV

The next morning I woke up very early. I shutter a little at the cobwebs but sigh knowing they would be gone when I got back. I wanted to make sure I got to class on time. I put on my black dress and owl necklace. I had found it a very long time ago in a box in the attic. I think that it might have belonged to my mother. I slipped into a pair of flats and I put on just a little makeup. I don't wear much. Just a little mascara and lip gloss. I grabbed my stuff and a muffin. I began to walk towards where the classrooms were. As I was walking I realized I was running out of time. I got to my first class which was Music with Mr. A 3 minutes before the bell rang. I ran just to make sure I would have enough time. When I got to class there was a boy that was looking me up and down. He was basically undressing me with his eyes. 

He then walked over to me and said "Hey gorgeous. What's your name?"           "Annabeth" 

I said while trying to walk around him. He blocked my path. 

"You new here? Cause I don't think I've ever seen you around here. I'm sure I would've noticed such a beautiful girl such as yourself. Why don't you give me your number and I can give you a proper welcome some time."

I replied "Why don't you just leave me alone."

The boy responded "I don't like being turned down." 

Another boy stood up and said "Come on Luke leave her alone. You already have a girlfriend" 

 Luke grabbed my arm in a tight grip and attempted to kiss me. At that time Mr. A walked in and the boy pushed me away. Mr. A took a marker and wrote the assignments on the board. In big bold letters it said DUETS. Mentally I was swearing like a sailor in Greek. Then Mr. A said it would be boy girl pairings and that this performance is going to count for 20% of our quarter grade.. He put everyone's name into two hats. Boys in one and girls in the other. He pulled names out of the hats. The list looked something like...

1. Isabella-Jake

2. Calypso- Leo

3. Lisa- Nicholas

4. Piper- Jason

5. Nicole- Kevin

6. Thalia- William

7. Jenifer- Josh

At this point I was getting very worried. There were only 3 boys left and one of them was the boy from before.

8. Rachel-Luke

I felt a wave of relief pass over me when I saw Luke get called and it wasn't with my name.