Chapter 7

The Restaurant

I don't own the characters or anything else that you might recognize

Chapter 7

Annabeth's POV

We decided to go off of campus for lunch. We headed to this small building. It is pretty nice. It is a 2 floor building with several large windows. The windows open up to a view of the East River. People all around were smiling and waving at Percy. 

I follow him and say "I guess you come here pretty often." 

he just nods. We go up to the front. Percy looks at the man at the counter. 

"Hey Tyson! Can I get a table for 2?" 

Tyson smiles and asks "The usual table?" 

Percy nods. We walk up to a table that overlooks the water. 

"This is beautiful!" "

I come here all the time. I love the view of the water." 

Right before it can get a little uncomfortable, a frantic manager comes running over to the table. 

"Oh my gods Percy! I'm so glad to see you." 

"Oh, hey Reyna. What's up?" 

"The pianist act for the hour got the flu and people are starting to complain. The back up act wont be here for another 15 minutes. I don't know what to do! I hate to interrupt your date but do you think you can help me out?" 

"Reyna you know I would but I'm not very good with the piano and this isnt a date." Percy says.

 I feel a twinge of pain in my heart. Against my better judgement, I decide to volunteer 

"I think I'm pretty good with the piano. I could do a song." 

Reyna jumps up and gives me a big hug.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate this. Oh and I didn't catch your name."

 "My names Annabeth, Annabeth Chase." 

I went quickly rack my brain for a song. Then it hits me. I'll sing that original song that I wrote two years ago. I go and follow Reyna to the stage. She taps the microphone. 

"Hello everyone! Sorry for the wait. I now present for your entertainment Annabeth Chace." 

I go to the microphone. I'm not going to lie i'm a little worried now that i'm standing up here. All these people looking at me. All these people that can judge me. I don't want to let Reyna down though. I take a deep breath. 

"I will be singing an original song." 

I sit down and I start to play. (AN: This song is The Lonely by Christina Perri)