Chapter 8

I don't own any of the characters or anything else that you might recognize.

Chapter 8

Annabeth's POV

Percy wasn't really in any of my other classes. When we would get together after class to practice Endless Love, it was my favorite part of the day. Percy and I worked really hard on it all week. Saturday rolled around again. Percy and I were more then ready for our duet. I'm a little worried about the emotion. I'm not sure how Percy feels towards me but I know that I like him. I decide to do some reading when my phone goes off. I got a text from Piper.

P: Hey u doin anything 2day?

A: No, was just going 2 do some reading

P: U want to go do a late lunch and a movie w/ me Hazel n Calypso?

A: What bout Thalia?

P: She's getting in some more practice w/ William.

A: Who's Hazel? I don't think I met her.

P: She went to this school for a while and then she left with her brother but we do stuff with her still.

A: K can't wait to meet her

A: When r u guys leaving?

P: We are leaving at 2

A: K c u then ;)

I need to do stuff with the girls. I've spent so much time with Percy lately. I don't have many friends. Having some girl friends could be good for me. This will help to take my mind off of Percy. I look at the clock and see that it is 1:15. I decide to get ready. I slip into a royal blue shirt with quarter sleeves, a pair of dark blue jeggings and I throw on a necklace. Then I put on a little makeup not so I look slutty but to the point that I look nice. I brush my hair and when I look at the clock, it is 1:55. I send a quick text to Piper.

A: OMW

P: K

I rush down to the front doors and head out with Piper, Hazel and Calypso. We decide to go and just grab something light. We just each get a salad from campus. We sit under a big tree. Piper turns and looks at me.
"So, Annabeth! How was your first week?"
I sigh and respond "Well, it was okay. I miss my friends from home but you guys have all been so nice. Except for that guy Luke. He's a creep."
Calypso chimes in, "Have you seen any boys that you like?"
I smile and my face started to heat up a little.
"There is one guy that I have my eye on. He's been super nice to me this week. He's cute, he's funny but I don't know if he likes me. I thought that we had a couple moments but I guess that it might have just been me."
Hazel got really excited.
"WHO IS IT!"
I paused before responding. I take a breath, "Do you guys know Percy Jackson?"
The whole group gasped.
"What? Is something wrong?"
"No" they all reply.
"We better get going if we want to make the movie."
We all get up, throw out our garbage and get into Hazel's car. She is old enough to drive which is awesome. We get to the theater and we decide to see nerve. We get to the theater and while we are waiting on line, my handbag opened up and everything fell out. I bent down to pick everything up. Suddenly, somebody bends down and starts helping me pick everything up. It was Leo! Leo was helping me pick everything up.
"Hey Annabeth! What are you doing here?"
"I came to see a movie with the girls. What about you?"
"I came to see a movie with the guys."
I paid for my ticket and then I waited for the girls to buy their tickets. When they got off the line I showed them who I found.
Piper turned to me, "Annabeth, this is my boyfriend Jason. That is Hazel's boyfriend Frank. You already know Leo and Percy."
I nodded.
Piper turned to the boys, "What seats do you have? I have K23, Hazel has J24, Calypso has M22 and Annabeth has um... I actually don't know."
"I have G13."
Jason replied "I have M23, Frank has J25, Leo has G14 and Percy has K24."
After this was established, Calypso now wanted to sit with Leo. Piper wanted to sit with Jason. Hazel wanted to sit with Frank. Piper kept her ticket and Jason switched with Percy so they had K23 and K24. Frank and Hazel were already together with seats J24 and J25.
Calypso looked at me and asked "Annabeth, will you switch tickets with me?"
I nodded. Calypso and I switched tickets. Calypso and Leo had G13 and G14. Percy turned and looked at me.
"Looks like we will be sitting together." I nodded and we all headed into the theater to take our seats. I looked at Percy.
"I'm going to go get a snack. Do you want anything?"
He thought for a second, "yeah, that would be great. Can you get me a medium popcorn and a coke?"
I walked down the  steps to the concession stand. After looking at the buckets and the prices, I determined that it would be better to do the combo and get 2 sodas, an extra large popcorn and 2 boxes of candy. I got 2 cokes and I got a Swedish fish and a snow caps.
The cashier rang it up, "That will be $10.97." While I was looking for my cash the cashier said "That's a lot of food for one person. You on a date or something? Cause if not I can give you a number to a guy who finds you very attractive."
I wanted him to leave me alone so I replied "Yes, I am and I better hurry back."
I paid and I walked back up the stairs. I sigh as I realize what I said and how much I wish that it was true. When I got back, I looked at Percy and said it was cheaper to do it this way. You don't mind do you?He shook his head.
"No, this is fine."
He looks at me.
"Are you okay? You look like something happened." "The cashier was hitting on me and I really wanted him to leave me alone."
He nods and the lights dimmed. Then the movie began. I reached into the popcorn to grab some. I felt something grab my hand. I realized that it was Percy. It's a good thing it was dark because I'm pretty sure I was blushing. He quickly moved his hand away.

Percy's POV

Annabeth wasn't in any of my other classes. That bummed me out a little. I can't say it surprises me though. She's such a wise girl. Hey! I like that. That's what I will call her. I smile contently at what I came up with. I think to myself, what can I do today? I don't want to call Annabeth because I've seen her everyday this week and I don't want to seem so pushy. I decide to text the guys and see if they want to go see a movie.

(J=Jason, F=Frank, L=Leo, P=Percy)

P: Hey, u guys want 2 catch a movie l8r?

J: Yeah sure sounds great

L: What movie?

F: What about nerve?

P: K sounds good

F: I'll drive!

J: We will go in an hour?

L: K

We met Frank down at his car. We got in and drove. While we were driving, I turned the radio down. Leo was singing I'm sexy and I know it.
"Why'd you turn it down?! That was my jam!"
"I'm sorry Leo but I have to tell you guys something." Everyone was listening carefully to what I would say next.
"I like someone."
Everyone started talking at once.
Leo finally shouted over everyone else "SHUT UP!" Everyone got quiet.
"Tell us about her."
I start describing Annabeth.
"I never thought I would like someone like this after Rachel. She's smart and she's beautiful. She's talented and kind."
Jason asks "Does this girl have a name?"
I nod "yeah, her name is Annabeth."
"Is she a demigod?" asks Frank.
"I don't know." I respond.
We go the rest of the car ride in silence. We get to the theater and we all get on line. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone who reminds me of Annabeth but I'm sure that it's not really her. I'm sure it's just my imagination. I see Leo wave to someone and I realize that it is Calypso his girlfriend. She is standing by Piper, Hazel and to my pleasure Annabeth. We buy tickets to the movie and when they got off the line Annabeth showed them who she found. Piper turned to her and begins introducing everyone.
"Annabeth, this is my boyfriend Jason. That is Hazel's boyfriend Frank. You already know Leo and Percy." She nods. Piper turned to the us.
"What seats do you have? I have K23, Hazel has J24, Calypso has M22 and Annabeth has um... I actually don't know."
"I have G13" replies Annabeth.
Jason responds "I have M23, Frank has J25, Leo has G14 and Percy has K24."
After this was established, Calypso now wanted to sit with Leo. Piper wanted to sit with Jason. Hazel wanted to sit with Frank. Piper kept her ticket and Jason switched with me so they had K23 and K24. Frank and Hazel were already together with seats J24 and J25.
Calypso looked at Annabeth and asked "Annabeth, will you switch tickets with me?"
She nods again. Calypso and Leo had G13 and G14. I turn and at her.
"Looks like we will be sitting together." Im not going to lie I'm happy about that. She nods and we all headed into the theater to take our seats. She looks at me.
"I'm going to go get a snack. Do you want anything?"
I think for a second "yeah, that would be great.
Can you get me a medium popcorn and a coke?" She smiles and walks down the  steps to the concession stand. I can't help but smile at how nice she is. She's pretty and sweet. Why am I so afraid?
When she got back, she looks at me "it was cheaper to do it this way. You don't mind do you?"
I shake his head. "No, this is fine."
I'm hoping that maybe my hand will brush against hers. I look at her and she looks flustered. I can tell something is wrong.
"Are you okay? You look like something happened." "The cashier was hitting on me and I really wanted him to leave me alone."
I nods and the lights dimmed. Then the movie began. I reached into the popcorn to grab some. I feel jealousy raging through me at the thought of someone else flirting with her. Nobody is good enough for her. She is perfect. Throughout my jealousy I didn't realize that I had grabbed Annabeth's hand when I reached into the bowl. I quickly let go and pulled my hand away. I wanted that to happen so why am I so afraid that it happened? Why can't I just get over what happened with Rachel and give myself the chance to be happy with someone else? I hope that I can get it together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry that it took me so long to get this out. I've had a lot of stuff going on at home and I just finished all my finals. Please comment and tell me what you think!