07

Chapter Seven | Falling

The large, golden clock above the entrance chimed quarter past seven as she glanced at the code she had written on her wrist, then opening her locker slowly, fumbling. When she eventually heard a click, she began to unlace her trainers, slipping on dark brown indoor shoes. As comfy as sneakers were, she wasn't going to get herself a detention for something so mundane. Stuffing her feet into tight fitting shoes was enough to momentarily distract her from Pipi's words, still fresh in her mind. She was shaken. Of all people, her? A murderer? It was stupid, ridiculous. It was people with boring, dull lives who could only feel enjoyment when it involved ruining other people's. She felt her face burn with emotion, everything seemed amplified. She was angry and upset and confused. She was so engrossed in thought that she was oblivious to the two girls who were staring at her, watching as she moved towards the courtyard to sit in the shade.

Ayano smelt cigarettes smoke as she walked through the double doors, wrinkling her nose in disgust from the reek of it. But she really should have been paying closer attention to her surroundings; she was unaware that one of the girls had her leg stuck out, and didn't notice this until she felt her body being shoved over. Ayano felt her face flush red as she picked herself up, knowing that half the school was watching. Rubbing the fresh cuts on her already scarred hands, she limped over to a nearby bench, blood already trickling down her black stockings.

Ayano looked up and around, and meeting her accusing stare head on was Musume Ronsharku. Her skirt was hitched up high, revealing long, tanned legs. Her hair was bleached blonde with a streak of pink, and she wore heavy, winged eyeliner and blue eyeshadow. She smirked, giggling with the girl next to her. It was Yui Rio. Yui was the opposite of Pipi Osu. Pipi would smile through anything, Yui would scowl.

'You should watch were you're going, Aishi.' Yui spat, venom practically pouring from her mouth.

She scowled, trying desperately to think of something that would shut them up. Ayano, unsurprisingly, failed.

'Piss off Rio. And you Ronsharku.' Thank god for Kokona.

'Always the hero, aren't you? But you couldn't save your daddy, now could you?' She smirked, giggling with Yui. They turned and slunk away, leaving Kokona slightly red in the face, and looking severely pissed. From around the corner, Yui said under her breath, 'Filthy whore.'

'Hold my hand, sweetie, ignore them. They aren't worth it.' A purple-haired boy had walked over, grabbed her arm, probably to stop her from maiming Ronsharku on the spot. Ayano could only assume that he was Kokona's boyfriend, from the way he spoke to her, at least.

A small crowd was beginning to form around Ayano, all of them asking different questions.

'Oh my god, is she ok?'

'Wow, Musume really changed.'

'What an asshole!'

'Ohh she's bleeding!!'

'Isn't that the one that was in a coma?'

'She's kinda cute...'

'Why did she do that?'

'Everyone, give her some space!' Kokona yelled, and sure enough the crowd dispersed into mutters. Ayano watched Kokona and her boyfriend left with the crowd, both of whom smiled kindly at her, their matching purple hair swaying as they walked past her.

'Are you ok, Miss... I'm sorry, may I ask your name?' He spoke clearly, hand outstretched.

'Aishi, Ayano Aishi.' She barely managed not to stutter.

'Well, Miss Aishi, I'm Taro Yamada.' He said, as he shook her hand, smiling shyly and barely able to look her in the eye.

She had to admit, the boy was handsome, who wouldn't adore his perfect face, and the way his messy black hair fell over his forehead as he leaned down? It stuck out everywhere, without the aid of hair gel, and instead of being slick or shiny, it looked soft, fluffy even. But despite his seemingly angelic appearance, something in the back of her memory warned her to stay away from him. She dropped his hand like a hot stone, flinching away from him. There was no disguising the hurt in his face as she did so.

'Sorry, my hand... it stings a bit.' She managed to mumble.

'I'll take you to the nurse's office!'

'N-no, it's fine. I need to go and meet someone anyway...'

Oh god, he's lovely. What are you doing, Aishi?!

'Do you want me to g-'

'I'm fine!' It was much too loud to sound casual. Taro's face went bright red.

Well done, Aishi, you've done it again. You fucked up. You can't do anything right, can you?

'I'm sorry, I...'

'No, it's ok, I get it... I'm sorry for being weird...' he tried to laugh, but it was hollow and forced.

They stood there in an awkward silence that seemed to last eternity. It was, in fact, five seconds.

Taro coughed uncomfortably, scratching the back of his head to try to control his mortification, 'Erm... I... err... I need to go and see a teacher...'

'Yeah... err... I should go and meet my friend...'

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

It was already too late. The dark haired boy had run off, still bright red with his eyes concentrated on his feet. Ayano put her head in her hands, then, got up to head to the rooftop, whilst Taro tried to think of anything he could have done wrong to upset her.

 Ayano put her head in her hands, then, got up to head to the rooftop, whilst Taro tried to think of anything he could have done wrong to upset her

Chapter Updated! First Upload - (16/04/2017); Most Recent Upload - (25/06/2017)

I have an important question for my readers!

1) I have three people in mind for Ayano, but I want to ask you guys too. Which of the Yan-Sim cast do you ship Ayano with most?

a) Taro

b) Budo

c) Other (please specify)

This may have something to do with a major plot point, so this is important!!

Comments and votes are much appreciated.

In order to get reading as soon as updates come out, please add 'Yours Truly' to your library and follow me for further information. 

Thanks for reading, see you next time. 

~ FictionNovellist