Chapter 5 : Ray of hope in my darkness

Swayam was sitting by Sharon's bed, looking at her

Swayam was sitting by Sharon's bed, looking at her. He could not believe that his Sharon who used to be his strength, his team's strength , who fought against all odds to achieve her goals was lying before him, broken, shattered and completely lost. She was lying there unaware of her surroundings, her friends, her love or herself. He had controlled his emotions till now but at that moment he could no longer hold back his tears. He cried like a small child unable to see his love in this state.

Swayam (In mind) : Sharon, please don't do this to me. I will not be able to bear the pain of losing you. I know , I told to go away from my life but that doesn't mean that I don't love you. I love you a lot. There is no one who can take your place in my heart. Please get well soon.

Swayam keeps his eyes on Sharon and slowly drifts into sleep.

Next day morning :

Sharon slowly opens her eyes as she felt the sun rays falling on her face. As she tried to move her right hand, she felt a sharp pain in her hand. She looks at her hand and finds it covered in bandage. She then felt his presence next to her. She turns her face to the other side and was shocked to find Swayam sleeping next to her. She quietly tries to get up from there but yells out in pain as she had accidentaly applied pressure on her wounded hand while getting up.

Swayam gets up with a jerk on hearing her cry. Swayam quickly moves towards her and takes her hand in his hand.

Swayam : Sharon, what happened?  Did you hurt your hand again? Let me look.

Sharon pulls her hand away from him.

Sharon : I am okay. It's just a small cut. I will take care of myself.

Swayam : Stop acting like a stubborn child Sharon. Let me look at the wound.

He once again takes her hand but she pushes him away. Now he was really angry and frustrated.

Swayam Okay. You want to play this game? Let's play. I am sure two can play the game. You won't allow me to take care of you or look at your wound right. Now, I will show you how I feel when you do that.

Broken pieces of glass from last night was still lying in the room. He takes a piece and comes before Sharon. She understood what he was about to do and shouts in fear that he may hurt himself.

Sharon : SWAYAM

Rey comes running to the room on hearing Sharon shouting. As he enter the room, he saw Swayam standing with a piece of glass in his hand while Sharon was looking at him in horror.

Rey : Swayam, what are you doing?

Swayam : Rey, not this time.

Sharon : Swayam, please don't do it.

Swayam doesn't say anything but makes the first cut on his hand. Blood start oozing out from the cut.

Sharon: Swayam

Sharon runs towards him but he stops her saying he will cut himself again if she come near him. She was feeling helpless and scared. Suddenly Sharon loses her balance and was about to fall on the glass pieces but Swayam moves forward to catch her. Rey takes advantage of this moment and snatches the piece of glass from his hand.

Once the glass is removed from his hand, Sharon looks at Swayam in anger and pushes him away from her. She then moves towards him and gives him a tight slap on his face. He looks at her in shock.

Rey : Dude, you deserved it.

Rey moves out of the room saying that.

Sharon  takes hold of Swayam's hand and make him sit on the bed. She then gets the first aid box and dresses his wound.

Sharon : Next time if you do any stunt like this, I will kill you with my own hands.

Swayam : I will not do anything like this if you promise you wont push me away from you.

Sharon looks at Swayam and realizes what he is asking for.

Sharon : No Swayam, we cannot be together.  I am a mess that should be kept away from everyone specially a good hearted person like you. I should have never come into your life. Please forget whatever was there between us in the past and move on. Find a girl who is not complicated and messed up like me and lead a peaceful and happy life.

Swayam : Just tell me one thing, will you be able to live without me?

Sharon does not answer his question but her tear filled eyes was the answer to that question.

Swayam : No right. I thought so. If you want me to stay away from your life, just do one thing, kill me. I will be gone forever.

Sharon quickly places her hand on his mouth when he spoke about dying.

Sharon : Swayam, please don't say that. Your life is very precious. Your happiness and smile is the only reason why I am still alive and fighting my nightmares. If not, I would have ended this pathetic life long back.

Swayam : Death is much better than life without you Sharon. I left you because I thought I am forcing my love on you but when you started moving away from me, I could not bear the distance. I felt like someone was tearing my heart into pieces.

Swayam and Sharon look at each other and understands that the pain that they are experiencing is mutual and the only remedy for this pain is their love for each other.

As they sit on the bed next to each other, Sharon places her hand on his hand. At that moment, she saw a ray of hope in her darkness.

Precap :

Will things be back to normal in Sharon and Swayam's life?