Chapter 10 - Just friends.

Chapter 10 – Just friends.

Alexa's POV

"He did what?" Darcy practically screeches, an excited grin spreading across her face as she fully focuses her attention on what I'm saying.

"He knocked Tony out... like a full on TKO," I repeat.

It's one in the morning on Wednesday night, or I guess technically Thursday morning, and Darcy's decided to spend the night round mine. Not that I'm complaining. My shift at the bar ended an hour a go, an extremely busy shift at that, and I'm in desperate need of some girl time.

"Wait, wait, wait," Darcy says, shifting slightly on my bed and crossing her legs. "Tell me everything from start to finish... in detail."

I roll my eyes but oblige the request, talking her through a step by step run through of the events of Monday evening. By the time I'm finished her grin has doubled in size.

"Oh, I wish I'd seen it! Beck is, like, a God or something," she exclaims, and I once again have to remind her that people are trying to sleep. "Sorry!" she whispers towards my closed door. I roll my eyes again.

"You're an idiot," I inform her.

"Um... no. You're an idiot for not recording the whole thing," she tells me.

"Sorry, I was a little preoccupied," I reply.

"Oh, right. Creepy Tony being a total creep," she says, shaking her head. "I can't believe he still hasn't given up."

"I know," I sigh, a sick feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. The guy fucking terrifies me.

I'd had a feeling he was going to follow me that night. In fact, it was more than just a feeling. I knew he was going to do it because he's done it before.

I've known Tony my whole life and he's always been a little weird, but about four years ago he decided to break the creep-o-scale. We'd been partnered together for a project in Science and he suddenly just got super attached to me. I don't even know why; he just got obsessed and would follow me around everywhere I went.

I told him to back off, told him he was being creepy and that I wasn't interested. He didn't stop. So then I told my parents and they told me to just try and stay away from him... which isn't easy in this small-ass town. He kept asking me out and I kept turning him down, and then one day he just stopped. I assumed he'd finally gotten the message and moved on but in actual fact he'd just gotten creepier. He'd resorted to taking pictures of me without me knowing instead of actually talking to me, and Darcy caught him at the act one day so we decided to get the teachers at school involved. He was given a warning, but nothing more was said on the topic. Everyone in this town knows that Tony is weird and people just tend to avoid getting involved in his shit, teachers included.

Then, one night, after one of my first late shifts at the bar, he followed me home and cornered me. I pissed him off and he snapped, just like tonight... except I didn't have Beck to help me out back then. Eventually I managed to get away and ran the rest of the way home crying. I'd left my phone at home so I couldn't call anyone for help; I hadn't thought I'd need to. Everyone was in bed when I got home and, to this day, my parents don't know about it. Darcy's the only one who knows that he tried to attack me and I want it to stay that way. I don't like talking about it and I don't need pity from the townsfolk.

As for Tony, he'd been creepy as hell before that night, sure, but he'd never seemed dangerous. Now, I'm not so sure. He's unpredictable and that's why he freaks me out so much. One minute he's fine and the next he'll just... snap.