Chapter 26

Vanessa's Pov.

Lana frowns at me critically. I see her hand twitch, as though tempted to test my forehead for a fever.

"Vanessa....you sure about this? You know... totally ruining him might not be the most peaceful thing to do..."

I raise one eyebrow with practise,

"Do I look like I'm into 'peaceful' after having spent half a day rinsing my hair?"

Lana smirks.

"Not paticularly... you could use a comb...."

She sighs and nods, "Fine, I'm in, but your gonna have to be prepared for a rather hard payback from a bad boy. He ain't harmless, you know. Also, getting the other two involved will help a lot as well."

I grin and wink at her.

"I guess they could both help..."

I feel the sudden urge to tell her about the scene in the forest with Ace...

"He kissed me. In the forest when we were alone together. We got in a fight and he kissed me."

Lana turns and closes the cabin door again, eyebrows raised high, with an adventerous twinkle in her eyes.

"He, kissed you?"

I nod, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Girl.... this is goooood news!"

She says, grinning.

"What....why that?"

"It means... he's got some sort of thing for you, other than the part where he wants to eliminate your hair, of course. It means that what you do, might just have an effect on him!"

I bight my lip slowly, quickly beginning to like the idea.

Suddenly Lana rushes from the cabin, with a slight last smirk in my direction.

"I'm gonna get the girls and start your revenge. Enjoy dwelling on your hottie!"

***

An hour later after Lana's departure, I fling my phone on to the bed, and exit the cabin.

A neon pink lipped girl with fiery braids approaches me, her eyes wide, in the usual; I need gossip, manner.

"Is it true?" She whispers. Glancing about, in case anybody might hear.

I look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Is it true, that you cought Ace crying, and he confessed it was over his unrequited love for you?"

I hide my smirk. Thanks Lana.

When I nod with a fake girly giggle, the little red head squeaks and rushes off, an excited grin on her lips.

Soon after more girls beginn to ask about it, even a few guys mention it to me as they pass.

The sun is setting, and I beginn to wonder if the effect of our cruelty will manage to explode today, or if I will have to wait until tomorrow.

People are loudly talking about it, laughing and smirking, inventing jokes about Ace and sending me winks and thumbs up.

I cut through the cabins, to walk behind them, on the edge of the forest, away from the gossip.

I'm beginning to have my doubts; maybe this won't get to Ace at all. Maybe he won't care, and even manage to get all the people to laugh about me in the end.

I toe the grass, sticking to the shadows of the cabins. Now I really don't want to be seen anymore.

Suddenly I look up, as I pass another cabin.

Startling grey eyes pierce mine, then they move rappidly towards me.

Ace comes at me to quick for me to react, pushing me against the back of a cabin.

His mouth slams onto mine, kissing me roughly, pinning my arms above my head.

I try to push him away.

He pulls back and trails bites along my neck, almost so hard that it's painful.

Between nips he mutters darkly to me.

"Something wrong? I'm madly in love with you, have you forgotten? I desire you."

His words are sarcastic as he pushes his hips against me and kisses me again, this time lighter.

His kiss almost does feel real, almost could hold actual desire.

I stop myself from kissing him as well, and he pulls back.

No dislike flickers in his eyes, neither anger anymore.

He almost looks vulnerable as he stares into my eyes now.

"Why?" He whispers, his breath feathering across my lips softly.

Ace's Pov.

"Why did you have to tell them a lie?" I whisper, staring into her eyes, my heart beating rapidly.

I don't know what came over me, I just lost it and tried to show her what her lie truely meant.

Only now I'm not sure if it really was a complete lie.

__________________________________________

I know. Nobody wants to hear from the useless updater. Sorry sorry sorry sorry soorrrrryyy!

Anyone ship what's happening? I know it's fast paced... I wrote it last night at half past twelve, and can't be bothered to edit it. xD