Chapter 30

I know I am the only person capable of forgetting what my own character was supposed to draw on the grass.... ah man, guess I'd better remember..

______________________________________

Vanessa's Pov.

I pull my boots on and watch Nena smack bright red lip gloss onto her lips.
"Somebody you after?" I ask, smirking.

She smiles mischievously.
"No, you maybe?"
I laugh, trying not to let the memory of Ace last night get to me.
"Nah, I'm a free agent, you know me."

She hmmmmms annoyingly, as though she knows something I don't.

"You been out today yet?" She suddenly asks.

"No.... why?"

She just shruggs.
"I brought my washing to the laundry early this morning.... there's something spray painted on our lawn."
Dread and anger rise in me simultaneously.
"You're kidding."

"Nope."
She lets the P pop annoyingly.... everything is annoying me this morning.

I growl lowly. Then I snatch up my make-up bag. Today Vaninkly is going to look dark as fuck.
I apply Smokey eyeshadow and a daring wing. I trace my lips in the brightest red I own, and then out line it with a black pencil. I hook little spikes into to my ears, then pretend to    beat the shit out of somebody.
Silvia ventures out of the bathroom and mentions, " Go hit him girl."
I smile, and know that there's a slight dip in the one corner. I've been forbidden multiple times to smile in such a way because supposedly it is intimidating.
"Your dress is hideous." I tell Nena as I walk out of our cabin. When I get seriously pissed off at somebody, I usually let it out on those that don't deserve it. Like Nena's summery coral dress.

I come to a startled halt outside.

Oh fuck no.
How did he find that out....

There's a picture of me sprayed onto the grass. But that's not the bad part. The bad part is that I'm holding up both wrists in front of my face, and both are covered in scars and cuts with blood running down.

Why......
How....
Hell.

I'm going to give him hell.

At one point in my life I cut. I self-harmed. But not for long, and never as extreme as on these pictures. I regret what I did, and I learnt to stop.
But I never told anyone.
Not a single soul.

Ace Hunter, this isn't a prank. This is trying to hurt me. Mentally. Seriously.

A scream tears from my throat, echoes throughout the clearing.
Not a scream of hurt.
Not a scream of fear.

But a scream of bloodlust.

My boots hit the ground in thundering steps as I race towards Ace's hut.
I can't erase my past, but I can erase Ace's egsistance.

________________________________

There, I remembered. Kinda dark. But Vaninkly will quickly be back, she just needs a bit of anger again. I don't know if I should mention a trigger alert at the beginning? It isn't really triggering is it? Please mention if it is.