Chapter 33

Ace's Pov.

Sun light warms my face and I turn away.
My arm brushes across long, soft hair.

I freeze and don't dare open my eyes.
What have I done? I can't remember properly...

Cracking my eyes open slightly, I peer over at the girl lying asleep beside me.

Vanessa.
Oh no....

Suddenly I remeber everything. Opening up. Telling her that I cared for her. I cringe as I remember the way I kissed her. She must have thought I was such a lame idiot.

But she kissed me back.

I press my hands to my face and groan quietly. What do I do now?

Instinct tells me to flee instantly. But if  she wakes up without me, I know I'll lose her just a little.

I don't know what came over me last night. I didn't use her. I didn't even have sex with her. When's the last time I kissed a girl without it leading to sex?

Confusion is clouding my mind and I sink into the pillow with a groan.

I made a decision last night. Now I'm not so sure if it was a good idea. But I'm not going to change my mind. Because I really do want to try again.

Vanessa moves next to me and her hand trails across my cheek. I never realized that she had a softer side.

"Are you still trying?" Vanessa murmurs.

How does she guess so easily what I'm thinking?

I sit up and turn to her, rolling ontop of her with my trade mark smirk.

"Yes," I lean down and kiss her shoulder. It makes me feel stupid doing something so sappy, but for some reason it doesn't bother me.

She laughs and pecks my lips.

"Really? I totally thought you were going to tell me this was a prank... or a way to get my guard down. I didn't think you were being completely serious..."

I wince at her mistrust, even though I know I deserve it.

"I'm serious, Vanessa. Really serious. Serious as in; will you be my girlfriend?"

I don't know why I'm asking. I shouldn't. It's just going to end baddly. But I like her and it's time to move on.

Vanessa snicker at me.
"Exactly hiw many times have you said that to a girl before?"

I bite my lip. "This would be the second time..."

For some reason that makes her smirk in a weird, almost 'I-think-you're-adorable' way.

"Is that a yes?" I ask selfconcioussly, expecting something bad.

"Damn it, Ace. What's happened to you? Where's the toigh player gone?" She asks with a smile.

"He's attempting to walk out of my life."

The smile on her face is nothing like what I've gotten used to of her. It's kind.

"Yes, Ace. I'll be your girlfriend." Vanessa raps her arms around my neck and kisses me.

My arms rap around her waist and I get lost in her kiss. I know why it was so easy to break in the first place.

Suddenly there's a squealing and the cabin opens. Vanessa's three chick friends wander in and stop still with wide eyes, staring at us.

"O. M .G." The bubbly looking girl gasps. The other girls just cary on staring.

I turn back to Vanessa and kiss her deeply. Puttibg on a show in front of people has always been kinda fun.

Vanessa blushes and then mutters something about a boyfriend. I can't believe that Vanessa is actually capable of blushing...

"I didn't hear what you said there," I murmur and nuzzle her neck.

She punches me int he shoulder and pushes me off of her. That's the Vanessa I know.

"Guys," she adresses the three staring chicks, " Ace is my boyfriend."

There's another moment of silence and then a loud chorus of squeals.

Hell no. I leg it and escape the tjree sentimental girls, as they beginn to bombard Vanessa with questions.

Admitting I care for someone is pretty much my limitt. Sentimental talk isn't even anywhere near possible for me.

------------

Guys, this isn't over yet. There's twists to come. ;)

By the way, I was wondering about what to start next when I finish this book.

A Best Friend romance?

A boy next door romance?

Or a dystopian, run away romance?

Please leave your choice in the comment box. If you want a specific character in the next book I write, I'm more than happy to design what ever it is you'd like.

I was also pondering a novella to Camp Rickfield?

There's about 10 chapters to go. Maybe less. So I'd beter start planning.😅

I hope you're enjoying Vanessa and Ace's story❤