Recording's Bloopers

Recording "Janus Quadrifrons" was like competing at the Olympics in high heels.

Each team member lives in a different Greek city so there is a lot of traveling behind it, very strict time frame and no rehersals whatsoever. The audiobook was recorded in less than 12 hours keeping in mind that there would be no second session to fix the mistakes.

I almost kidnapped the narrator from his home and we went to someone else's house where we had access to equipment. It's a garage story with a team of crazy people trying the impossible. Keep in mind that everyone in team is greek so it's a project in another language with no luxury or payment for anyone of us. 

Then 12 hours of recorded material had to be carefully edited to eliminate the bloopers and make it sound like one-breath story. Then the demos were sent to a professional engineer so that he would fix the sound and make it crystal and then the masters were edited once more so that it would be an easy listening.

So Janus Quadrifrons' audiobook is actually a project that took a year to complete it. I wrote the story, someone edited it (I know that more editing is needed), a team of people made the recording possible and way too many hours and effort were put on this project by several people.

So this is a funny tribute to all that work behind it :)

Thank you people! Without you this would be impossible to happen in a small Greek town where I live.