J.Q. - Ch.5 - Edited Version

Janus Quadrifrons has been more than a story from the very begining and it turned out to be the most controvesial one of my life.

It's a scifi hybrid with elements of neo-noir, a lot of tricks and philosofical in a poetic, absurd way. From all the stories that I 've told so far, Janus was the most misunderstood, disliked while either furstrated people or bored them to death. 

It's not an easy story to keep up with it. It was told on perpuse this way to challenge reader's perception. I am not smarter than any reader. I simply enjoy watching and thinking from different points of view and that was the core of the story all along. Can we overcome our own system of beliefs and perception and be open to new points of view?

On the other hand despite the fact that sometimes it has been excausting analysing the structure behind the story line (there is one, yet it is subtle), the scientific part and other parameters and giving up on it multiple times, there is something in this story that drives me back to give it another try. This is the main reason why there are 2 versions of the audiobook.

The first one was recorded within a day and the narrator did a wonderfull work taking into concideration that he is neither a native english speaker nor a trained actor. It was a challenge for him as it was for the rest of the team. It takes a village to narrate a story like that even if it's not obvious. A bunch of people gathered and offered beds for us to sleep, their equipment, food to feed a tribe of exchausted and sometimes furstrated people and a professional sound engineer steped in to convert out mess into something descent. 

The second version came into life after some people told me that they found the first one boring and they couldn't concentrate but they fell asleep while listening to it. (I can live with that, sleep is a wonderfull activity.) So I started editing it all over again, adding sound effects to make it more vivid. The challenge here is that I do it on my own and I am learning as I go. I am not a proffesional, so it has a lot of flaws that a proffesional could easily fix. Yet this is a no-budget story and this is an expensive hoby, that's why audiobooks are more expensive than a paperbook. 

I would like to thank everyone who gave it some time, regardless if they reached in the end of the story or gave up in the process. 

Storytelling is a journey not a destination. I never aimed for it as a profession and make money out of it. I love it and enjoy it more than most things in life. Stories bring us together. Stories reveal new paths. They are companions and in my perception, the good ones are alive in their own terms.

Thank you for being here along with me at this journey.