J.Q. - Ch.9 - Edited Version

-----------> .......... The funny thing to discover (apart from the fact that living in Greece excludes you be default from many chances to participate in world contests, uploading on amazon/audible etc an audio book etc) was that people are not familiar with the premise of an audiobook. People prefer still to have a written story in front of them, regardless the fact if it's a paper book or a screen. It seems familiar. As a child I had an awful lot fairytales, stories etc on cassettes so once more something that was familiar to me, it wasn't to a lot of people.

Audio books are successful at genres as romance, chic lit etc but if you take out narrated stories from well known tv shows there is hardly any audio book for new writers in sci-fi. (That was a strong indicator that most likely there is no audience for that.)

The first version didn't work out as I wished since people found it hard to keep up with the story. Narrator's charming and soothing voice with a difficult plot line looked more appropriate for insomnia's medication.

So that's when I thought of the second version. I would re-do it trying to make it less boring. I listened to some commercial audiobooks but I didn't like their style. I tried to make something between their way of editing and a radio version of a theatric play, which has been more familiar to me. The first chapters of the edited version have been edited with sound effects. I did the editing with the masters but since I am still learning how to do it, the sound balance is far from perfect and at some points, annoying. Half-way in the editing I decided to go on by instinct and I gave up on background sounds and go on with music.

Music is a tricky subject since someone has to have the rights for the story or the music must be from a public domain. That means more hours for searching for music that could actually match this story. Adrian Von Ziegler is generous enough to let people use his music for free for not commercial reasons and YouTube videos, so I took advantage of his generosity.

The narrator doesn't like the sound of his voice, so if you listened to the story please do leave a comment about it on YouTube. He has hardly any clue about the final cuts. (Janus' overdose probably.) Hadn't been for his voice, I wouldn't have managed to keep up with all those endless hours of audio editing. (At some point I texted him, that if he was my boyfriend after all that time having his voice to my ears I would ask him to break up so that I would enjoy some silence at last!)  -------------->