Chapter 1- Passing hearts

Cold Monday morning when Faight woke uplate. Opening her eyes tardily as she tries to clear her blurryvision that wanders around her room. Her eyes widened, stares stopat her clock.

"ala-sais na" She said lazily asshe rubs her eyes "ala-sais na... Shit! Ala-sais na!!!" she felloff of her bed and screamed when she found out that her alarm clockfailed her again.

She hurriedly took a bath and dressedup, didn't even bother to eat breakfast or sip a cup of coffee.Running to and fro inside her room, searching for her stuff. As shesat down near her room's door while wearing her sneaks on, she stoodup carefully when the rolling mountain view greeted her. She wentcloser and leaned on the balcony railings "hello, Good morning, "she greeted shyly "kamusta ka? Ang tulog mo kamusta?" she looksat the mountain with so much hope and talks to it like it can hearher. She breathed the cold morning breeze as the fog on the mountainsstill hid the huge part of it "I'll be seeing you tonight"pointed her finger at the mountain facing her room. "okay Faight,tama na kabaliwan, LATE KA NA KAMOTE!"

She ran fast outside and rode atricycle bound for the cab terminal. Every day can be so hard for herwhen she has to commute two times going to school and going homeafter her class. The school is located in the town center where themountains can be clearly seen.

Faith needs to walk a few meters to theschool entrance seems the cab can't unload passengers at its frontpremises. She likes it, she loves it in fact. Walking, strollingearly in the morning is like driving a car for an hour or two. Withthe environment, she's in she can think, wonder her thoughts andlisten to the core of her heart.

As she nears the entrance gate, theirsecurity guard greeted her " hello ma'am Faight gandang umaga po"smiled the guard with a coffee in hand

"hello kuya guard, gandang umaga po"

"kape tayo ma'am"

"naku masarap nga yan, pero maya mayamagkakape ako, mukhag kailangan ko ng barakong kape, lutang ako ngayneh"

"ha ha naku ma'am, try mo yung barakodun sa canteen nako lakas tama nun siguradong gising kayo buong araw"

"talaga manong guard ah"

"oo, sure yun"

"sige po sabi niyo yan ah, pag di akonagising babalikan kita dito manong"

"ha ha, si ma'am talaga"

"di joke lang, sige po pasok na poako"

"sige po"

She went inside the school afterchatting with the guard whom she considered one of the nicest peoplein town.

Carrying her black backpack and walkstowards her room some of the students greeted her. Some ran towardsher and gave her a tight embrace and sweet kisses.

"teacher Faight! Pa-kiss"

"teacher Faight bless"

"teacher Faight miss you, eto poflower" greeted fondly by the students

"wow, ang ssweet naman ng mgastudyante namin dito, oh nag-break fast ba kayo?"