Chapter 27- Pleading Hearts

He is grieving, mourning the deaths of three souls. He wanders into the forest of his own frustrations, lost in his own misery.

She divided, in between weather to be his light to lead his way out of the darkness or a shed he'll take cover against the rains of pains of pains and depression. Either of both, Faight knows Lance needs her comfort.

Faight battles with her thoughts, deciding what to do. she's been waiting for Lance in his cabin the whole afternoon but he still not home.

"Lance, nasaan ka na ba?" She whispered anxiously "please come home, umuwi kana"

Restlesly walking back and forth in front of the studio when she noticed light flashes from the mountain.

"Lance? Lance!"

Without thinking twice, Faight runs towards the trail and climbed her way up expecting to find Lance. Although she's quite bothered about Lance forbidding her to do so, her concern for him is bigger than his anger.

Her muddy sneakers strive with her foot as it pushes her body upwards the messy trail. It is a slippery and narrow step upwards. She gropes and needed the help of few branches to aid her not to fall over the deep gorge.

Almost an hour of struggling and she finally reached the lighthouse. It overwhelms her to finally be welcome by the lighthouse that gave her a light of hope during her own darker moments in Tinago. But also felt indifferent about getting there, closer to something that reminds Lance about his stormy past.

Faight shook off her already bothered thoughts and proceeded to her goal.

"LAnce? nandito ka ba? si Faight to!"

She went inside the tower and climbed its stairs until she reaches the top.

"Lance? please sumagot ka naman kung nandito ka oh"

She entered the room where the light is and looked out of the window, the whole town of Tinago is vague in one's sight, a rain probably will start its fall.

She went down again and search for more. Exhausted, her sight starts to reel. Looking back and forth circling the entire area, still she found him not. Faight started to feel dizzy, her eyes want to give up on her, her head is spinning her tummy wants to give out its content.

"Lance, please magpakita kana"

Suddenly she went off balance and slipped her left foot on the edge of a slippery slope. But just when she's about to fall, someone's arms so strong pulled her back.

She regained her consciousness when she realized it is Lance who saved her.

Lance carried her down back to the cabin. 

"gising na nandito na tayo, okay ka alng?"

"Lance, salamat"

"now I want you to stay here kukunin ko lang ang susi ng sasakyan ihahatid na kita"

"Lance wait, I think we need to talk?"

"there's nothing to talk about"

"really? I told you, you can tell anything"

"Faight! there's nothing to talk about! and in the first place bakit ka pumunta doon? diba sinabihan na kita wag na wag kang aakyat? what if nahulog ka nga? what if may nangyari nga sayong masama and what if walang tao na sasagip sayo? what if wala ako? and...and"

"and what? you will feel the guilt again?"

"what did you say?"

"Lance I know everything but I want to hear it from you"

"go away Faight. I'll give you the key drive yourself home"

"Lance, please!"

"FAIGHT! FROM NOW ON YOU STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

Faight remained firm. She's not backing down and will stay whatever it takes just to be there for Lance.

"I won't. hindi ako aalis dito kahit ipagtabuyan mo ako"

"the suits yourself, enjoy the rest of my silence"

He turned his back from her and entered his cabin. Faight followed him but he banged the room door closed at her face. Lance slowly fell off his feet, sat down against the back of his door sobbing, crying in silence while hearing Faight's voice begging for his welcoming.

"Lance, Please open the door. Kausapin mo ako"

"Faight, please just go. I don't deserve you. Mapapahamak ka lang katulad nila, at pag nangyari yon ikamamatay ko na" He whispered to himself while Faight kept knocking at his door, pleading.

She started to loose energy. Faight gave up. She sat and leaned her head on the door. Her tears refuse to fall, Faight thought needs to be strong, act strong for him even for a while.

"Lance, nangako ako alam ko. Kung hindi mo pa kaya, kung hindi ka pa handa ako na muna, hayaan mong ako naman ang sumalo sayo, humila sayo kahit ngayon lang"

"Who am I to blame the rain for falling that night? It's their natural task. Or the wheels of my truck to wiggle that day? I own it, I drove it. Ako lang yon, ako lang lahat yon. Faight, I never wanted to lose you but I guess, you deserve to loose me." ~ Lance