Chapter 23- Distracted Hearts

"urh, paano ba ito? Bakit parang papunta na sa alien ang itsura? Ano bayan tenga palang mali-mali na! Mauubos ko na tong papel outline lang hindi ko pa magawa-gawa!"

Faight decide to draw a portrait of Lance as her gift for all of his efforts and help. She's been doing it for days every afternoon till midnight just to get every detail and expression of his face.

During her break, she ponders and recalls Angela and the way Lance acted upon seeing her.

"what's the matter, Lance? What happened between the two of you?" She uttered to herself

Although she really wanted to know, she decided to just not dwell on it for too long. She went to their favorite canteen but Lance didn't show up. It's been three days since they had lunch together.

"saan ka? Lunch tayo?" Faight sent him a message but he's not responding

"dude! Walang load? Joke! Saan ka? Gutom na ako eh, call kita" she tried calling him but his number is out of reach

Although it bothered her too much about his absence recently and lack of communication with her, she chooses to wait a little more. But hours turns to days of anxiety, it won't let her sleep.

Faight braved herself and visit him on his cabin, she found him being busy with cleaning his truck.

"Lance! Hi, I was texting you pero"

"what are you doing here? Malapit na gumabi"

"ah kasi nag-aalala lag ako hindi k kasi nag-rereply baka kako may sakit ka"

"well, you see me now, I'm healthy"

"oo nga kita ko nga"

"sakay na, ihahatid na kita"

"ah, aya mo muna bang mag-stay ako for dinner?"

"gabi na, and marami pa akong gagawin I ighst skip dinner"

She didn't argue with him furthermore. She did what Lance told her to do. Along the way, she stole glances at him. His eyes are cold as eyes, he is unreachable, untouchable. Her heart is screaming loud inside shouting for his name. If only he could hear her heart, it speaks volume, it speaks her longing of him.

He dropped her in front her apartment. No words, no good byes.

"It seems like I don't even deserve a nod of good bye huh Lance?"

She watches him drove away from her, she didn't even take notice of her tears falling from her left eye.

"why am I even hurting this way? Wala ka naman sinabi, diba? O baka nasanay lang ako sa atensyon mo... I am totally hating myself right now I feel so stupid!"

Days past and they hadn't spoken to each other. It bothered Faight but decides to give Lance space he subtly asked from her. Even though they stopped seeing each other, Faight would do everything they do together. She even spent time with Lance's friends, after all, they begin to matter in her life too.

Faight went toLemuel's place and found Lance.

"Lance! Ah, sorry I didn't know you are here"

"bakit ka nag-sosorry you can go anywhere you want to go Faight"

"are you okay?"

"of course"

"talaga? Ni hindi ka nga makatingin ng diretso sa mata ko"

"Faight! I am fine, okay? I am fine" He said firmly while looking straight at her eyes. He turned his back from her and started to walk away

"tayo?! Okay ba tayo?" she said loudly that made Lance stopped "suddenly you are acting so cold at me, look, I know I promised not to ask anything but this, are we fine Lance?"

"well I guess you're not really good at keeping your promises teacher Faight" He said coldly as he press on and walks away from her

Faight is in awe of Lance attitude towards her. She feels like he is pushing her away for a reason . No matter how much she wanted to be angry at him, her concern for Lance was greater than getting even.

"what's wrong with you Lance? Help me understand please!"