Chapter 29- Surrendered Hearts

She set up bonfire beside the lake. It is getting darker, colder as she waits for Lance. Burning the edge of a thin branch, playing with fire her tear suddenly fell when her heart remembered all the hurt she once felt.

"It's still here, ramdam ko pa. Well! I hope it'll get to him, to let him know suffering are not for him alone."

Fight heard crackling branches from behind as someone's foot slowly steps onto the wet leaves on the muddy ground.

"you came" She smirked

Lance sat beside her and looked up on hazy clouds.

"well, you said you'd wait. I'm afraid you are too stubborn to resist the freezing night and just wait, here"

"yep! that's me"

"your ex"

"my ex? a.hole right?"

"ha ha ha, he is. Faight" He said gently looking at her eyes "Thank you"

"I'm a great adviser noh?"

"no, I mean salamat dito" He opened the rolled canvas in front of her and laugh

"whaaaaa no!"

"why? it's quite really good, I mean medyo mas malaki lang yung tenga ko ng konti pero it's good"

"I hate you, I am hating you"

"ha ha ha, just joking. Pero seryoso, salamat"

They sat there for few minutes in silence and Faight take courage to finally asked Lance.

"uhm Lance? about kay Angela sorry I mean I know you don't like"

"hindi, c'mon from now on you can ask me anything"

"I heard it fromLemuel but I want to hear it from you"

"daldal talaga non"

"sorry, tinakot ko eh"

"hmmm. just like you I wore a mask during our relationship. I liked her, I loved her well because why not? minahal niya ako ng sobra. Pero may mga bagay lang talagang hindi dapat ipinipilit dahil gusto ng iba oh dahil yun ang tama para sa kanila. Bago naging kami, Angela knew of my vision from the past, a glimpse of my future na sabi ko ilalagay ko sa espesyal na canvas na yon. she always thought na siya nayon, she always want to be that one in my future. I painted her, but not in that canvass. I tried to believe me pero, wala talaga eh"

Faight smiled and remembered something

"oh bakit?"

"you know the song feels like home?"

"ahm, I am not sure pero familiar ang title, why?"

"that's my favorite. I always say na kakantahin ko yun sa taong mamahalin ko at papakasalan ko. ha ha naka-tatlong boyfriend na ako pro ni isa sa kanila kahit humming hindi ko nagawa"

"even Jules?"

"mas lalo na siya. Like I tried, pero kapag gagawin ko na? parang may mali eh, parang walang..."

"...magic?" He intervened while gazing at her lips

"ahem... yes magic...uhm anyway, tuloy mo kwento mo oo dali na bago pa kita papakinahy este yung lamok kasi dami eh"

He smiled and continued with his story

"although hindi ko na masyadong maalala talaga kung ano but it hunts me all the time. Kapag nasa barko ako at bigla-bigla kong naaalala? hinihila niya ako pabalik at nung hindi nako mapakali at makatulog? I gave up on my profession, I quit. I went back here to say to my Dad about my decision. Then things fell apart. He died hating me.  And Angela somewhat saw an opening para makatakas na siya wala nang rason para mag-tiis pa siya sa akin or sundin ang kagustuhan ng parents niya, ayun she ran away"

"ouch"

"yeah. I'm such an a.hole too"

"really, as in"

"yep. so in behalf of all the a.hole out there, I am sorry"

"ha ha ha gagi"

"hearing your story I have so much to apologize for"

"I know but I hope you will stop torturing yourself"

"Thanks to you, I know I won't"

"me?"

"you gave me light" "I guess I'll have  to talk to Angela"

"youuuu will see her again?" He eyes widened in doubt

"yes, don't worry I've already chained myself to you"

"eeeehhhh enekebe... pero alam mo naniniwala ko na your dad never blamed you or hated you, ikaw narin nagsabi palala ng palala kondisyon ng dad mo, nabuhos lang talagang lahat ng lungkot at frustrations niya sayo"

"hayyyy, ewan hanging ako kay dad eh. siguro kasi after mom left talagang nag-iba siya, sobrang distant but you're right. I want to believe that he didn't hate me or blamed me"

Faight shakes her head in agreement. Lance stood up and took a deep breath.

"wait here"

"what why? saan ka pupunta?"

"I need to cleanse my thoughts"

"huh??? teka sama ako, sabay tayo ang toxic kaya ng utak ko the whole day"

Lance smirked at her and pulled off his white shirt in front of her.

"so, ano? sasama kapa rin bah?"

Faight smiled back at him and slowly unbuttoned her checkered polo shirt. Lance isn't taking his eyes off as it pans down to her bare chest. 

"are you going to ask me again?"

Lance smiled at her and held her left hand. Together they carefully step down the cold water until they are soak and wet.

As the half moon peeks behind the hazy clouds and cold wind covers them, Lance wrapped his arms around her tiny waist while her arms are embracing his neck caressing his hair. 

Few minutes after he sat meters away from the fire while she's sitting on his lap half naked. Kissing each other under the moonlight, Lance and Faight surrendered to each other's heart.

"Faight, you are leaving me breathless,oh" He said with his husky voice while playing with her lips

"you don't want that?" she seductively ask while catching her breath and bites his lower lip

Oh no teacher, I love every bit of it"