Chapter 4 ~ It's My Party...

Emma's P.O.V.

I can't believe they talked me into this. 

Tonight, I was going to a party. An actual party. I don't know what part of my brain allowed me to agree to this, but it happened and there's no getting out of it now. I shook my head, thinking about how my friends basically forced me into going, while shifting through my closet to find something to wear.

Earlier

"Who the hell does she think she is?!"

Lydia had been ranting ever since we got to school this morning. Apparently, some friend of hers threw a HUGE party that lasted the whole weekend and now it's all anyone can talk about. On top of that, she didn't even invite her. So now she's raging mad, and I've got to tell you, Lydia in full blown popular girl mode is the scariest thing I've ever witnessed. And now, she's trying to figure out a way to regain her 'head bitch' status.

"Does she honestly think she can out do me? Me?!" Lydia pursed her lips, shaking her head as she glared daggers at Ginny, the one who threw the party. "Oh, that girl has got another thing coming."

"What exactly do you plan to do?" Allison asked. She had been pulled into this conversation along with me when Lydia arrived. "I mean, it's not like you can throw a party even bigger than hers. Then it'll be obvious that you're trying to get back at her."

Lydia's eyes widened in excitement as she looked at Allison and I. "No, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to throw a party even better than Ginny's, not just to get back at her, but to remind everyone who's boss around here." She then grabbed Allison by the face and pinched her cheeks, causing her to wince. "Oh, Allison. I'll never get tired of how brilliant you are."

Allison pushed her away and rubbed her cheeks. "Aren't you afraid that'll make you look petty?"

"Better petty than being second best. Now, there's no time to waste. If I'm going to have this party tonight, we've got to get the word out."

I looked at her like she had three heads on her shoulder. "We? Tonight?! How are you going to plan a party bigger than Ginny's by the end of the day?" I asked.

Lydia finished applying more lip gloss in her mirror & smirked before shutting her locker and turning towards me. "Oh please, Emma. I can have everything planned out before the end of fifth period." She then turned on her heel and proceeded to walk through the hall as if it were a runway. Allison and I looked at each other and just shook our heads before following her.

Later    

"This should be interesting," Scott said. We were all sitting at our lunch table listening to Lydia talk about what was going on tonight.

"Everyone's going to be there. That'll show little miss Ginny not to mess with me."

Stiles was sitting next to me, basically shoving food down his throat. I don't understand how he can eat like a fat ass and still be as skinny as he is. The other day, I watched him eat three double cheeseburgers in one sitting, and he was still hungry when he was finished.

"Now, when you say everyone-" Stiles began before being cut off by Lydia.

"Yes, Stiles, there will be hot girls in attendance."

He fist pumped, a stupid grin appearing on his face. I couldn't help but giggle, but Isaac wasn't as amused.

"Don't think you're going to attract anyone with the way you eat," he said with a smirk. Stiles glared at me, still chewing on a mouthful of food. "Ya know what-"