Chapter 10 ~ Night School

Emma's P.O.V.   

"We're going to let you get as far away as possible. That'll make the game even more fun. You're in for a long night, little girl."

The voice taunted me as I ran through the dark hallways of our school. There were three of them. The one speaking was a women. Her voice was filled with a kind of vindictiveness that chilled me to my bones.

Having seen the color of their eyes, there was no mistaking it. They were werewolves. Most likely, the Alpha pack, which means Ethan and Aiden were here too, and they are going to hurt me.
Why the hell did I get myself into this? I should have known this was a trick. Scott wouldn't ask everyone to meet at the school after hours just because he found Derek. If anything, we would have met at his house. This was a trap and I was the mouse that walked right into it.

In an attempt to get away, I ran back towards the entrance of the school. The door was still wide open, there was nothing in my way. Then suddenly, someone sped passed me. There Aiden stood, smirking at me as he blocked the exit.

"Think again, beautiful."

Shaking my head, I run in the opposite direction. I guess I'm really not getting out of here. I could feel Aiden's eyes on me as I turned the corner. I have to find a place to hide.
I turned the knob on every classroom, every closet door, but they were all locked. My body was shaking as I ran up the stairs to the second floor. There's got to be at least one room unlocked.

The first few doors I tried to open were sealed shut as well, but the next one I tried was unlocked. I sighed in relief as I entered the room and locked the door behind me. Thinking quickly, I started moving a desks in front of the door to baracade the room but then somebody kicked the door down, causing me to scream.

A women with dark hair and seriously long toe nails stared me down with her red eyes, an evil smile appearing on her face. "Did you really think a lock and a couple of desks would hold me back? I'm going to give you another chance to do this right, kid."

Her laugh echoed through the empty halls as I started running again. Seriously? Why are they dragging this out? If you're going to kill me, kill me.

Stiles' P.O.V.  

This does not feel right to me. .

Allison, Scott, Lydia, Isaac and I just arrived at the school where Emma told us to meet. According to the text she sent Scott, she found Derek. That should be a good thing, right? Well if it was good, why have I had a terrible feeling ever since we left the apartment?

My bad feeling only got worse when I saw that the front doors to the school were wide open. On top of that, it looked dark as sin inside. If Derek and Emma are here, why would all the lights be out? And with the school being closed at this time, wouldn't they be smarter about breaking in to a public building?

"Why would Emma ask us to meet her here of all places?" Allison asked, bringing my own thoughts to life.

"How did she even get in?" Isaac added, a puzzled expression forming on his face.

"Why do I get the feeling we shouldn't go in there?" I ask, looking at Scott.

He ignores our questions and heads right inside anyway. I sighed deeply and followed him, the others coming along as well. As soon as we step inside, Scott calls out for Emma. We wait for a response in silence, but she never answers.

"Emma? Derek?" Scott calls out again. "Where are you?"

I pull my phone out of my pocket and search through my contacts. "I'll text her. Maybe they're on the other side of the school." Suddenly, a blood curdling scream rips through the silence, startling everyone.