Chapter 13 ~ After the Kiss. . .

Emma's P.O.V.    

I really don't know what I'm doing here.

I don't even like bowling. Actually, I've never picked up a bowling ball in my entire life, but here I am, tying the laces on those horrendous bowling shoes they make you wear in places like this.

I wish I had the type of friends that understood when I said I don't want to do something or go someplace, but I don't. Allison and Lydia forced me to come. They said we should take a night to ourselves to celebrate that we passed that insane exam in Chemistry. Of course I realized that this was an excuse to try and get me to interact with Stiles again.

It's been an entire week since I kissed him, and now things are awkward between us. I remember feeling horrified when I climbed into bed that evening, as the realization of what I had done began to sunk in.

I kissed Stiles.

What if I read his actions wrong earlier that day? What if I was imagining him going in to kiss me in Ms. Blake's classroom?

I instantly began to regret kissing him. Not because I didn't like him, but because he might not like me in that way. We never talked about having feelings for each other, but there's no denying that we have a connection. A kind of chemistry that bubbles to life whenever we are together. There is something between us, I feel it. But what if that feeling is one-sided? What if he feels nothing for me and I just completely slautered our friendship?!

Then, I began to think that I was just overreacting as usual. But when I got to school the next day and I saw him in the hall, I couldn't force myself to approach him so we could talk about what had happend. Stiles never made any advances to speak to me either. When I realized that neither one of us was willing to take the leap and bring up the matter, I did everything I could to avoid him. I was mortified. I still am.

Being at the bowling alley with all of our friends, Stiles just barely out of reach, was not a great idea. On the way here, Allison and Lydia made me explain the situation between Stiles and I.

I told them what happend in Ms. Blake's room, what I did at his house. Then I told them about my feelings towards him. How he's the first person I've had feelings for since my last boyfriend, and even though I was hesitant about being with someone again, he makes me feel like I could do it, as long as that someone is him.

Instead of being good friends who let me go home and sulk in my own misery, Lydia and Allison said that I can't avoid Stiles forever and that if I really want to fix things between us, I had to come tonight.

So here I am.

Stiles' P.O.V.  

"Dude, seriously, what is wrong with you and Emma?"

Scott appeared to be worried as he sat next to me and slipped on his shoes. I knew he would ask sooner or later what was going on between Emma and I. It was obvious to everyone that we were avoiding each other.

I didn't mean for things to become like this. I had originally planned to address the matter with Emma at school the next day. But when I saw her, she kept her distance which to me meant that she would rather not discuss what happened.

There wasn't much to say. She kissed me.

I was caught off guard but I kissed her back. And I liked it.

But then she ripped away from me and ran off without saying anything besides 'Good night.' And the next day she wouldn't even talk to me.

I guess she didn't like the kiss as much as I did. She probably regrets it.