Chapter 8 ~ Motel California {Part 2}

Emma's P.O.V.

Allison got tired of waiting for Lydia to come back so she decided to start washing up, hoping Lydia would be back by the time she was done. I was laying on the bed trying to entertain myself by watching some television. It wasn't doing much good though. The television had a really crappy picture and the sound was just as bad. You could barely hear anything. I really shouldn't have expected anything better from a motel as shitty as this one.

Just then, Scott entered our room, without knocking, and stood still in the doorway. He had a strange look on his face as he looked around the room.

"Where's Allison?" he asks abruptly.

"Well, hello to you too," I say, sarcastically. "Do you need something?"

Scott doesn't respond at all and heads right into the bathroom where Allison was taking her shower.

"Hey, get out of there!" I yell, but he doesn't listen. I walk towards the bathroom & stand in the doorway while he talks to Allison. She looks alarmed and is covering her exposed body with the shower curtain. 

"What's the problem?" Scott asks. "I've seen you naked before."

Allison's face contorts in confusion, obviously startled by Scotts inappropriate behavior. "Yeah, but that was when we were dating, and we're not anymore so. . ."

Then he goes on about how he's been thinking about the two of them and how they can fix what went wrong and start up where they left off. Something was very off with him for sure. Scott would never act like this towards anyone.

Finally, he seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in and after realizing where he was, he left the room abruptly. I looked at Allison and by the expression on her face, I knew we were thinking the same thing.

"What the hell was that about?" I ask.

She glanced over at me, worried. "I don't know, but it can't be good."

After shaking away the bad feelings that came over me when Scott bombarded our room, I decided it would be a good idea to pick up some snacks from the vending machine I saw earlier. I let Allison know where I'm going before leaving the room. She tells me to bring my phone with me in case anything weird happens and she has to call me and vice versa.

I shut the door, checking to make sure it's closed completely before making my way down the dark, gloomy hallway. Everything about this motel screams sketchy. I shouldn't be surprised Finstock picked a dump like this.

As I turn the corner, I see Stiles leaving his room as well. I call out his name and he stops and smiles when he turns around and see's me.

"Hey," he says. "Where are you going?"

"Vending machine," I respond.

He holds his wallet out in his hand for me to see. "Same here."

Stiles stays by my side and we stroll through the hallways as we search for the vending machine. It was pretty quiet which doesn't normally bother me, but in a place like this, silence is never good, so I broke it.

"Hey, is Scott alright?"

"What do you mean by alright?"

"Well, he was acting very strange when he dropped by our room. He just wasn't himself."

Stiles shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets. "He seemed fine earlier."

He holds the door open for me as we step outside into the parking lot. It's practically vacant. The only vehicles in sight are our school bus and a few cars that probably belonged to employees instead of guests. It's no surprise this dump doesn't get much business. Beside's being empty, there weren't many street lights on, so it was pretty dark out there which didn't settle my nerves.