0.2 | The Nerve

Two
The Nerve

▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬

"Oh my god, what was I thinking?" Blair leaned herself against the wall and sighed. She glanced at the bartender and groaned "Do you think it was right to accept LeFou's dinner offer?"

William just shrugged and smiled "Mademoiselle, I thought it was sweet of you to accept the offer. LeFou is not all that bad."

Blair rolled her eyes and pushed herself off the floor. "Maybe you're right. LeFou is kind and sweet. He can't be as evil as that Gaston." She gave a grimace of disgust.

William broke out into laughter "Blair, you're funny sometimes. I love your facial expressions." He rubbed the counter with a wet towel and grinned "Go on Blair, you might be running late on your dinner."

Blair patted her dress down and put her hair in an effortless braid, "Okay, William how do I look?" She forced her lips up to a smile.

"Charmant!" William clapped his hands together and smiled "Good luck on your dinner." He gently pushed her out the door.

Blair laughed nervously and rubbed her arm anxiously "Thank you, William."

She danced her way down to the tavern and slowly made her way down the steps. Music and laughter filled her ears as she entered the room.

"Miss Blair!" A familiar voice exclaimed.

Blair rotated herself to face LeFou, a big grin appeared on her face "LeFou!" She clasped her hands behind her back nervously.

LeFou jumped with excitement "So glad you could make it tonight." He grabbed her hand and pulled her to a table.

Blair rubbed her neck and sighed "I'm so glad to see you." She smiled and sat in a chair.

LeFou sat in the chair across from her and frowned "Something seems to be troubling you, Miss Blair. May I ask what that may be?" He pulled up the sleeves of his coat and locked his eyes with hers.

Blair looked at him and rested her elbow on the table as she rested her cheek on the palm of her hand "Sorry, I'm just nervous." She bit down on her bottom lip.

LeFou smiled slightly "There's no need for that. You shouldn't be nervous. It's only me." He placed his hands on the table.

Blair nodded and loosened up. "Miss Blair, where do you come from?" LeFou grew curious of her sudden appearance in the forest.

"Well I am suppose to be a Princess. Assigned marriage blah— blah. I didn't want to be part of such a complex life. I wanted to be— simple" She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

LeFou listened carefully, his mouth agape with awe. "Wow.. I mean— Princess Blair, I am here to assist you."

Blair laughed slightly and crossed her arms "No need to call me Princess."

"Gaston!"

"Ah, there's the war hero."

"Oh he's handsome!"

Blair's attention was drawn towards Gaston. She put the palm of her hand on her forehead. LeFou looked at her with concern, he gave a small glare at Gaston.

"Maybe—" Blair started but was quickly interrupted. She sighed with a hint of annoyance in her tone "Excuse me?"

"Ah well look who it is. Miss Blair sitting in my tavern." Gaston grinned and gently scooped her hand, he placed a lingering kiss that just made Blair shiver in disgust.

"LeFou, it was fun but I think I'll go back to the Inn now." Blair rolled her eyes and smiled at LeFou. LeFou nodded and returned a smile.

Blair quickly got on her feet and walked out of the tavern. She bolted towards the Inn and walked inside. The girl sighed with relief and leaned against the wall.

"Blair, why are you back so soon?" William raised a brow at the girl and stopped his cleaning. He tapped his foot on the floor impatiently as he waited for an answer.

"One reason." Blair took a deep breath and slowly said his name to emphasize her reason "Gaston."

William chuckled quietly and nodded "Acceptable reason. Go on to your room if you'd like. I will be here to assist you in anything."

Blair sighed and nodded, she had received a major headache from being around Gaston. She opened the door to her room and quickly shut it close. She threw herself on the bed and quickly fell into a deep slumber.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●
Chapter Two

Sorry for the lack of updates. The author is pretty sick at the moment.