0.5 |Breaking The Ice

Five
Breaking The Ice

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

The sun was setting as Blair tied her hair in an intricate side braid. She took a deep breath to calm herself, was it right to accept Gaston's offer? The girl constantly thought pessimistically, she imagined Gaston just leaving her for the wolves.

William knocked on the door gently and walked in. His gaze fell upon her astonishing outfit as he tapped his foot disapprovingly, "You must not wear a dress to go riding. Wear that." He pointed over to my old riding outfit she use to wear.

Blair sighed and raised her hands innocently "Nothing will happen if I wear a dress. Besides you gave this to me remember?" She twirled around and made her way towards him. She thought carelessly of the negative possibilities but suddenly twisted she ankles and fell into his arms.

William blinked his eyes twice before laughing at Blair's clumsiness "Clumsy as always." He rolled his eyes and pushed her back onto her feet. "I don't want that creep looking under there." He crossed his arms and arched an eyebrow.

"Remember what your papa taught me before he passed? Self-defense is always acceptable. I can always knock the man off his horse." Blair put herself in a fighting stance and punched William playfully.

William smiled and took a deep breath "Fine. Don't be out too long or I will come looking for you." He shot a serious glare at her before exiting the room.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Corbin snorted nervously as Blair directed him to the forest entrance. She patted her companion's neck to calm him down.

"Blair!" Gaston called out as he rode up to the beautifully dressed mademoiselle.

Blair took off the hood of her cloak and gave him a small smile "Ah, Gaston. I thought this was a cruel trick of yours for a moment." She jokingly said.

Gaston shook his head and laughed bitterly at the joke, "Shall we enter the forest?" He quickly switched the subject and gripped the reins of his dark stallion.

Blair nodded silently and whipped the reins gently. Both of their horses trotted along side while they talked and laughed. Blair was starting to think he wasn't so bad after all.

Blair put her hood on and looked at Gaston with a grin upon her face "Want to race? I bet Corbin could beat your stallion." Corbin snorted cockily and stomped his hooves on the dirt.

Gaston smirked and tightened the grips on the reins "Count us down, baby." He lowered his head slowly and whispered words of motivation to his stallion.

"Un, deux, trois!" Blair whipped the reins vigorously as Corbin began to gallop with Gaston not too far behind.

Gaston's stallion began to pick up speed and caught up to Corbin. Corbin kept his gaze ahead and whinnied joyfully. Suddenly both the stallions collided into each other causing their riders to fly off.

Blair shut her eyes tight in fear as she flew through the air. Suddenly she landed on something much more softer than the ground, a loud groan was heard beneath her.

Gaston groaned in pain and lifted his head slowly, he smirked and chortled breathlessly.

Blair slowly opened her eyes to see Gaston laying below her, she whispered nervously "S-sorry.." she stammered in pain.

"It's quite alright." Gaston got up and picked her up in his strong arms. He looked down at her with concern "Are you alright?"

Blair leaned her head against his chest and breathed quietly "I might have twisted my ankle.." she gave a grimace of pain as she tried to lift her foot.

"I will take you back to the Inn." Gaston mounted her on Corbin as he mounted his stallion. He commanded Corbin to follow behind him, Corbin huffed in disappointment and followed behind.

Blair slowly closed her eyes and felt a warm coat over her shoulders. She sighed with relief and slowly drifted off to sleep.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"Hello—" William looked up from his desk as he heard the door open. He widened his eyes in fear and immediately took Blair out of Gaston's arms, "What happened here?" He commanded an explanation.

Gaston rolled his eyes and rubbed his arms "It was an accident." He simply stated and shot a glare at William.

"Look what you've done?" The man cried out and gently caressed her cheek "Are you okay Blair?" He carried her into her room and set her down on the bed, Gaston simply followed the two.

Gaston sighed and leaned against the door frame "William will you stop worrying? I can take care of her. I am responsible for this." He stomped over to the side of her bed and went down on one knee.

William narrowed his eyes at him and let out a groan "Fine. I have customers to attend to. Don't wake her up, just take off her outer layers of clothes and leave her in her undergarments."

Gaston nodded simply and started to dampen a towel in warm water, he started to dab the wounds carefully and strip her outer layers. She looked gorgeous.

As soon as she was left in her undergarments Gaston couldn't help but admire her perfectly shaped body. He laid his head next to her bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●
Chapter Five

Agh, she's starting to warm up towards Gaston. But what happens if William competes with Gaston to win her heart? Ohh the anticipation is just killing me ❤️