Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue is a campaign focused on all Australian's to help them achieve their best possible mental, physical and social health, whatever their age and wherever they live. It helps people get over anxiety, depression self-harm and to be there for someone to talk to.

The campaign is there for everyone such as elders, lesbian, gay, intersex, multicultural, young children, teenagers, parents and adults. The campaign focuses on everyone from all ages. It is also there to inform people about these topics. These topics include anxiety, depression, suicide, self-harm and bullying.

The campaign was established in October 2000. More so focusing on on alerting people about depression. Other then there websites you can get information from newspapers, TV, YouTube and there sponsored partners. You may be questioning how does it get funded? BeyondBlue is funded by the federal government since it helps people all over Australia. Every State and Territory helps out this campaign

BeyondBlue exists because it teaches people in many ways then one. It makes people aware of their mental, social and physical health. They give people confidence talk about these subjects like anxiety, depression and suicide, trying to influence that people don't have to be scared about these topics and help people get through these hard times if they are suffering.

Getting a message across was hard for BeyondBlue so they tried to get out there with sponsors such as the Movember Foundation, HIA Charitable Foundation, Future Generation investment impact and many other supporting companies like BankWest Foundation, Zoetis, Case IH, Symantec, Qantas and Michael Cassel Group.

Another way they get their message across was through a persuasive device. This device was real life stories. They use this to encourage people to realise that there are people in Australia that suffer from anxiety and depression and express this on there websites and there are discussions that you can join in with. 

ANOTHER persuasive device they use is statistics. They use this to show people how well Australia's mental health is and so people can help change the statistics and make Australia a better country with happier people.

The campaign is effective because I, myself has used it and it helped me. Other then that, statistics on their websites in one year they had 1 million adults suffering from depression and over 2 million had anxiety and they narrowed it down 39%. My classmates mostly said it was very effective yet 2 of my peers said it was a little bit effective and somewhat effective without knowing the statistics. One classmate thought it was extremely effective because they asked questions about the campaign before putting in a final answer for the survey. Evaluating on what my peers thought about BeyondBlue was really good and it doesn't change my attitude to it because everyone has there own point of view (P.O.V)

This was the official tally.
0 being not effective at all.
1 being a little bit effective.
2 being somewhat effective.
3 being effective.
4 being very effective.
5 being extremely effective.

 BeyondBlue deals with all components of health such as mental, social and physical health

This is why it is associated with mental health because this helps people to open their eyes that they are human to stop self-doubt. This improves your mental health by stopping depression by hosting chats online with similar information.

It also is associated with social health in a way that it can help people connect with others. Doesn't matter if they have that type of "moment" where they have been through trying times, they help you find the people your looking for and help build friendships. That don't force but they encourage you.

ALSO it is associated with physical health because in reality people hurt themselves on purpose. BeyondBlue tries to stop these negative thoughts such as "I don't deserve to live" and makes them see the world in a different way so they don't need to hurt anymore. They help them see a purpose for living.

BeyondBlue is there for everyone and anyone. Please for the sake of making Australia a better place for our health, if you need help that deals with anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts contact BeyondBlue. They have so many different ways to help people from stories to online chats to meetings in real life. Don't be scared, be prepared. Make yourself aware of your health and if you need help just ask BeyondBlue.

Bibliography

BeyondBlue's own website- https://www.beyondblue.org.au/connect-with-others/news  {sighted on 13/3/16 or for this C.A.T 5/4/17
SBS news reports- http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/03/29/beyondblue-focus-suicide-gillard and
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/04/18/beyondblue-ad-campaign-raising-anxiety-awareness { sighted on 12/4/17
ABC news- http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-06/beyond-blue-launches-campaign-to-tackle-anxiety/4671876 {sighted on 13/4/17.
Some of this information was told to me by a person (who's name I won't publish out of respect) who works with BeyondBlue as well and I talked with them last year around the 16th of March 2016.

This is my Campaign CAT for school so here's some information about BeyondBlue if you read this. Also if I can't get this through with email I'll have to send link to to my health teacher so if this happens HI MISS! Not saying name because respect. Have gooid tim my fellow Wattpadians and Baka out

Liv«