Hurricanes

A hurricane is a violent storm with hectic winds and is specifically a tropical cyclone. When a cyclone hits winds that go up to 74 mph it so usually classified as a hurricane. Hurricane season starts around June 1st and can end in November. But don't think that hurricanes can't strike at anytime, this period of time is when most likely hurricanes occur.

Hurricanes have intense low pressure and form off land to gain power. When they have enough power it moves inland causing powerful winds and treacherous storms. It causes debris to fly everywhere. The source of energy is the water vapour which is evaporated from the oceans surface, it is also known as the eye. The centre part of the cyclone is the most dangerous part since it stores all energy for the hurricane too keep going.

Moving on to an actual Hurricane, Hurricane Matthew was a category 5 hurricane and started on Sunday the 25th of September 2016 and ended Monday October 10 of 2016. It started as a small cyclone in the Caribbean and became a dangerous hurricane. Other locations that Matthew hit were Florida, Nassau, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, the Bahamas and Haiti. The wind speeds of this hurricane was 145 mph.

What caused hurricane Matthew was major tropical storms were gaining strength at a rapid rate in the Caribbean near Haiti. Dangerous winds began to come in from sea to Florida. Meteorologists found this a bit concerning and took it more seriously. What they discovered from satellites that a hurricane had formed in the Caribbean. When the hurricane moved towards Florida the winds died down but crept back up again causing.    

Ta da here's a plan for my humanities CAT