2: Little More Coffee

A/N: here's an early update! Updates are still scheduled for Friday/Saturday but since I'm so excited to finally post this story I thought why the hell not? If I manage to finish this story earlier than expected y'all might be looking at double updates weekly ;)

If you have any questions/queries please feel free to drop them in the comments or you could ask them on my ask.fm account if you wish to be anonymous. A direct link to my ask.fm can by found on my profile.

ask.fm: anha101

ENJOY and please don't hesitate to vote and drop your thoughts in the comment section!

My lecture today had finished early so I had headed to the Golden Quaff, my all-time favourite café, to attempt to start my assignment that I had gotten yesterday so that I could free up my weekend for Riley

My lecture today had finished early so I had headed to the Golden Quaff, my all-time favourite café, to attempt to start my assignment that I had gotten yesterday so that I could free up my weekend for Riley. But the second I opened my books my mind drifted and I started to think of what had happened yesterday. My encounter with Bruce Vela was quite something. I liked how he had talked to me, the casual banter that easily flowed between us like we weren't as much of strangers than we actually were, and mostly I liked how when Riley sidled along into the conversation Bruce didn't immediately back down, like having a son wasn't a complete turn-off, nor did he try to ignore Riley but actually engaged in a conversation with him. Something about the events of yesterday, both in the morning and in the evening kept my mind spinning.

"Are you always so deep in thought?" came that gravy smooth familiar voice and I found myself smiling before I even met the eyes of the owner of that voice.

"Hello, Bruce," I greeted as he slipped into the seat opposite of mine without an invitation and as I watched him get settled into his seat, I said, "I don't remember saying anything about you sitting with me."

"It is lunch time and I came here to grab a bite before I headed back to the office. And a little company didn't hurt anyone, did it?" he replied, looking at me through that gaze of his. "What are you working on?"

"An assignment," I said, sighing dramatically as I closed my books and returned my stationery back into my pencil case. "Gosh, these lectures tire me out and then I've got these assignments to do and I have to say that I really hate university right about now."

His eyes widened and surprise overtook his features. "You're still in university? But you don't look..."

"Are you trying to say I look old, Bruce?" I said daringly, eyebrows lifted.

He coughed and shook his head. "No, it's just that you didn't look like you were still a university student, that's all. It doesn't mean you look old. Maybe it was just this really mature vibe you gave off like you knew what to do with life and all that."

I chuckled at his failed attempt to cover his embarrassment and smiled sweetly as him. "I am still a university student but I'm twenty-six. It's actually my final year. Four years doing this is absolutely crazy," I said, clearly enjoying all the excuses he conjured up.