12: Regina's Care Centre

A/N: fyi Regina's Care Centre is also another fictional place in London.

The next couple of weeks are going to get a bit crazy. Who's ready for the drama? *raises hand*

/ dedicated to readingchocolate for her amazing support /

ENJOY!

Christmas was on Monday this year so we had to leave on Sunday morning

Christmas was on Monday this year so we had to leave on Sunday morning. Bruce worked extra time on Saturday so I didn't see him the entire day. He was actually pretty scarce this week and every time he kissed me, he drew back instantly and I wondered what it was that I could have possibly done this time.

"Are you ready?" I asked, opening the refrigerator and grabbing myself a bottle of water.

He replied with a brief kiss on my lips before leaning back and saying, "Completely packed for two days. When do we leave, your Highness?"

I pursed my lips and pretended to mull over his false proposal. "Maybe tomorrow. Or after Christmas," I suggested.

He gasped dramatically. "And risk skipping dinner with your parents? I wouldn't dare to," he replied, shaking his head like he couldn't even believe I had suggested missing the Christmas dinner in the first place.

I giggled, leaning on my tip toes and brushing my lips against his. First, teasingly and then hungrily as I slithered my hands up his arms and grasped them as the soft brush of lips turned into a hard kiss. I breathed him in, his lips on mine doing wonders to my body, when suddenly he pulled back, his brown eyes wide and conflicted.

He blinked, swallowing hard, before he loosened his hold on me but I gripped his arms from preventing him to reel backwards any more than he already did. "Are you okay, Bruce?"

"Peachy," he chirped with a smile I didn't believe in.

"Are you sure?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. I was concerned where this distant behaviour was coming from. "You've been acting rather strange lately."

"Have I?" he laughed, pulling back. He gave me a nonchalant shrug. "I don't recall any reason why I should act strange. You and are past the stage of being strangers, Madilyn."

"That's not what I meant," I said and at the same time I thought, are you sure about that? I knew Bruce Vela but simultaneously I didn't feel like I knew him.

"Come on, Madilyn. Let's get going," he said with a soft smile.

I sighed. "All right. Let's go."

"Riley is coming with Finn, right?" he asked as he walked to the front door where he left the bags at.

As he took them in his hands, I said, rolling my eyes when his back was to me, "Yes, Finn picked him up on Friday."

"But why?" Bruce asked, hauling the bags over his shoulder. He exited the house and I followed, closing the door behind me.