Warrior

CHAPTER 1

Sydney's POV

Worthless. That's my name. I don't even know if that's the name I was born with, but everyone at this dump seems to call me that. My birth certificate says my name is Sydney Echo, but they probably just changed it so I wouldn't feel bad, I mean my parents didn't want me anyway so my full name is most likely to be Worthless Unwanted Fat Useless. It would make sense. The thought of my parents sent a shiver down my spine. It had sent me to a flashback when I was seven. I was all tucked in bed by mommy when I suddenly heard screaming and glass breaking all over the wall. I fully remember the strong scent of alcohol crawl up my nose. The next thing I new I was bleeding myself. It had turned out my dad had come in drunk and nearly killed my mother and myself. I was only seven so I didn't really understand, but in my mothers last few moments of life, she whispered to me "call the police, they'll help you 911...911...911......." And that was it. Dad was already unconscious, I tried to fight the tears as I was calling the police, but I don't really remember much else, apparently I blacked out, I don't really remember that happening, but the last thing I remember is waking up in this dump of a care home where nobody cares about me. I've seen so many kids come and go over the 5 years I've been here. Nobody wants me of course and school isn't much better.

"SYDNEY BREAKFAST IS READY!!!!!" I heard Makayla calling from downstairs. Makayla was my social worker and also the only person who really respects me. I groaned at the thought of food. Yuk! That would make me fatter than I am. After 10 long minutes of staring at my blade, I finally got up and went for a shower. I was 6 days clean now, but that was only because Demi had just released warrior. She made me feel worth something in that song.

'Do really believe Demi cares about you when she doesn't even know who you are'

I heard the voices in my head. Of course she cares. I'm a lovatic and Demi loves all her lovatics.

'Yes. But how can she really care if she doesn't even know you exist! To her your just invisible! Go on Sydney, cut, it will ease the pain, it will make you feel better!'

No no no no no! I wasn't going to break nearly a weak of staying strong, but I guess they were right, to Demi I'm just invisible. After I'd brushed my teeth I quickly slashed across my arm then rinsed it and ran down to Makayla and and everyone else who hates me. I felt slightly dizzy but let it go. It was probably nothing.