sixty-second tip

as jimin entered the native restaurant, he couldn't help but notice the server looked much happier than usual when seating him. he was upset it wasn't yoongi, especially seeing as it was his birthday, but the brunette's mind was flooded with opposite emotions when he saw what waited for him at the table.

a single blue helium balloon with a weight attached sat in the centre, along with a petite bag that clearly stated 'it's your birthday!' on the side. jimin sat himself down, pulling the bag closer to him as he peered inside - he hated surprises, so if he at least had an inkling of what the contents were, it would ease his nerves a little when it came round to actually opening it.

the first thing he noticed was an envelope. 'this must be a birthday card', he thought. he carelessly tore into it, a little shocked when the card turned out to be a laminated rectangle of paper. he flipped it over and read the words that embellished it:

'30,000 coupon for kim garden'

"yah, this guy! does he think he's funny?" jimin spoke aloud, not caring if he seemed odd speaking to himself. he remembered how amused he was when he bought yoongi the same thing for his birthday, and was warmed by the fact he remembered it enough to recall upon it 7 months later.

jimin placed the coupon down on the table, chuckling to himself as he pulled out the poorly wrapped square-shaped gift with a bow on top. "he put in far too much effort." unwrapping the present with care and precision, he was left with a small leatherette box. as he opened it, confusion flooded his mind, before he realised what it was - suddenly feeling tears pricking at his eyes as he was faced with his gift.

a single slip of paper was folded, with familiar writing on it, along with some words that he knew were not there before.

date: 01/04/17, 13:51pm
server: yoongi

order summary:
1x apple juice carton
1x japchae - small portion

total: 13,200₩
tip: 700₩

i love you
-p.jm

i love you too.
happy birthday, jimin.

-m.yg

̷H̷A̷!̷ ̷a̷p̷r̷i̷l̷ ̷f̷o̷o̷l̷s̷!̷ ̷g̷o̷t̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷ ̷;̷)̷
̷-̷p̷.̷j̷m̷

a/n: yoongi is wasting no time.

thank u so much for 1k+ views!!!!! that's so cool♡ this book really isn't great but I suppose ppl can read short chapters more??? idk I can't see any other reason it would have reached 1k so quickly lmao