---

=part 2=

"hey , what took you so long?"

jimin was standing by his full-length mirror, straightening his deep red silk shirt out as he carefully tried to tuck it into his pants, struggling a little as the material kept folding over itself.

"care to explain what the fuck these are, jimin?" yoongi panted out, evidently having a hard time keeping his cool.

in his hands were the contents of the small grey bag that his boyfriend had left at the restaurant, and jimin's face drained of all colour as he noticed them.

"no, no, baby - you've got it all wrong! i swea-"

"how can i get this wrong, hm? do you think i'm an idiot?!"

jimin moved closer to his fiancé, taking in the depressing sight of dried tears on his cheeks and puffy eyes that were definitely the result of extensive crying. he offered out a hand for yoongi to take, but he was quickly slapped away.

"when were you planning on telling me? were you going to wait until i found you in an alley somewhere, you body bloodied and bruised?"

"yoongi, you need to let me expla-"

"i don't need your explanation, jimin! you know what, i'm glad i found this now rather than ten years down the line when our kids do."

without hearing even a single word of jimin's explanation, yoongi left the room, throwing the pills and needles down onto the end of the double bed which was still messy from the morning. jimin wanted to run after his boyfriend, tell him he was completely misunderstanding, but where would that get him? if yoongi wasn't planning on listening just then, why would he now?

after a deafening silence of approximately four minutes, jimin decided it would be safe to leave the room. ridiculous, he thought, i can't believe i'm afraid to leave my own bedroom.

there was something about yoongi during his flashes of rage which genuinely left jimin a little lost for words - his breath hitched in his throat with fear. in those moments, the brunette found his mind wandering to the future; to their future.

would yoongi be like this whenever something went wrong? would he be this cruel and unwilling to listen? maybe this wasn't the life jimin wanted after all.

______

yoongi decided it was best for him to get some air after his spat with jimin. he was hardly able to really call it a spat, seeing as it was just him screaming and jimin taking it, but that's what he felt best to label it. he had taken a short walk to the local convenience store, and bought a packet of cigarettes for the first time in his life.

during his childhood, he always saw his father smoke when he came home from work or had an argument with his mom, so he believed it was a sure-fire way to relieve stress, and although he had never smoked in his 22 years (or even intended to), any means of help was welcome.

park jimin, a drug addict. the only words repeating like a mantra in his mind, shrouded by dark and dangerous thoughts that he shouldn't be having on new-years-eve.

"shit, the party," yoongi spoke between drags of his cigarette, his eyes fixed intently on the way the smoke twirled in the air like a tiny dancer. "i'm gonna have to bail."

as he got his phone out to call taehyung and explain the circumstances, he noticed a single text from jimin.

from minie♥︎:
i took your car, im going to the party without you