---

=part 1, full chapter=

it was 3pm, and yoongi had finally finished namjoon's shift that he had been forced into covering. he never understood why that tall, clumsy headass got a job as a waiter anyway, but he was sure it had something to do with his connections; after all, it definitely wasn't for his talent at serving.

as he clocked himself out and threw his apron on the hook in the staff room, yoongi took a deep breath. tonight was the night that he and jimin could finally ring in the beginning of their new life together. he glanced down at his finger, admiring the makeshift plastic band that jimin had got him from the local toy shop ("ill buy you a real one when i get a promotion!" he ensured) and smiled - his: park jimin.

his thoughts continued to be swarmed by the small brunette boy, before he remembered he was due to meet him to get ready for the new year's party that taehyung and jungkook were throwing at their apartment. the two had only recently moved in together after a painstakingly long case of an 'on-and-off' relationship, and it seemed as though they were happier than ever now.

yoongi thought about them often - not in a weird way, but he questioned what life would be like for him now. jimin had never even stayed the night at his house before, yet they were getting married. had he rushed it? should he tell jimin he made a mistake?

"hey, ma-, shit, yoongi, are you okay?"*

taehyung's deep and alert voice shook the blonde boy from his state of daydreaming, making him flinch a little from the sudden intrusion.

"what's wrong?" taehyung pressed, clearly bothered by something. he shuffled awkwardly forward, bringing his hand up to meet yoongi's face, only to find it quickly being slapped away.

"don't touch me, freak," yoongi joked, still a little unsettled by his friends unwavering look of worry.

"why are you crying?"

"crying? i'm no-" as he spoke, he felt a the warm sensation of a teardrop run into the divet of his mouth, the saltiness a shock as he didn't quite catch it in time. "what the fuck?"

his brain wasn't telling him he was sad, so why was he crying?

taehyung pulled him into a quick hug, rubbing elongated stripes onto yoongi's back as a form of comfort - one which made the elder boy feel protected - as he hummed reassuring phrases into his ear.

"shh, whatever's wrong, i'm here. is it jimin?"

"i-i... i don't know, there's no sadness in my mind right now so i don't understand." yoongi felt fragile, and he hated it.

"i think i understand," the brunette friend spoke, detaching his arms from yoongi's body so he could look at him as he spoke. "you're 23, and you're engaged. it's overwhelming, and you have every right to be absolutely shit-scared. but it's jimin we're talking about here, so there's no reason to doubt yourself or your decision."

taehyung was right. it was jimin.

the jimin that left hefty tips on holidays so that whoever served him felt as though their hard-labour was worth it. the jimin that didn't (often) complain if his food came out cold, or if the ice in his drink was already melted by the time it got to him. the jimin that tried something new from the menu every time he ordered, because "life is all about trial and error", but would still finish his meal even if he didn't particularly like it. the jimin that yoongi was more than ready to listen to complain about him using all the hot water up in their shared apartment in the future - in their future.