valentine's bonus chapter

if you were an outsider peering into yoongi and jimin's apartment, you'd think someone had been viciously murdered inside due to the absolute eyesore that was the overuse of the colour red. it wasn't decor or interior, however, but yoongi's feeble attempt at making valentines more than just another day of the year.

and, apparently, in yoongi's naive mind, that meant over 30 (de-thorned) roses scattered over every possible surface, with faux rose petals — just like every cheesiest romance movie that jimin had dragged him to over the last four years — littering the path from the front door to their dishevelled bed. there was no hidden motive behind doing the grand gesture; he just wanted jimin to be happy (despite jimin's lack of belief of that fact).

he'd been at it for close to 2 hours by the time jimin arrived back from work, suit slightly creased from a tough work day, the bags under his eyes further enhanced but somewhat less puffy than they had been when yoongi had admired them at 5:30 that morning, and the reaction he garnered was everything he expected and... well, a little less, actually.

"yoongi," jimin began, his eyes wide as his grip on his briefcase loosened, allowing it to dangle just an inch from the decorated floor, "what is this?"

"valentines day!" the blonde beamed, gummy smile fully on show now as he took in the tired form of his husband. "do you... do you not like it?" his voice was smaller now, smile fading as he noticed jimin let out a small sigh. "i can clean it u—"

"yoongi," the brunette repeated, tone more drawled and wearied. his gaze fell on the neatly wrapped gift sat upon their dining table, abhorrent red hearts printed all over the paper which kept it hidden. cocking his head to the side, jimin slid his shoes off quickly, kicking them over towards the shoe rack (which, really, was more of a pile than an organized area) before padding softly over — through the petals that decided to stick to his socked feet and cling on for dear life — and seating himself in front of the dainty box. shooting yoongi a look as if to say "can i?", jimin tenderly reached forward and brought it forward into his lap, awaiting the elder's response.

it came in the form of a vicious head nod, one which rivalled even the most notorious of nodding dogs, and yoongi quickly shuffled himself over to sit on the floor, cross-legged, directly in front of jimin. "it's really not a lot, but—"

jimin silenced him with a kiss, soft and delicate, before placing his tiny hands either side of yoongi's face. "you put thought into it; that's enough for me." dropping his grip to return back to the gift that was sitting, unopened, on his lap.

with nimble fingers, jimin looped the hand-tied bow and tugged, letting the red ribbon fall gracefully onto his pant-clad thighs, and he made sure to give yoongi a bright smile before continuing. (if there is anything that jimin had learnt in the years they had been together, it is that yoongi, despite his tough front, is extremely self-conscious. his need for constant approval and praise was something that came as a shock, to begin with, but after time, it started to become second-nature to jimin. plus, who wouldn't want to praise someone so precious at every possible opportunity?). as his nails stripped the box-like-shape of the paper that had once encased it, jimin began to notice a far-too-familiar item inside the slight perspex container.

"is this—is this what i think it is?"

yoongi shrugged. "you tell me," he spoke through a pout, a look of pride on his face which jimin found absurdly endearing.

impatient, jimin pulled the first slip of paper out, holding it out in front of him to read aloud. "what happened to service with a smile?" ironically, jimin found it near impossible to keep his lips from quirking up into the breathtaking grin which had won yoongi over in the first place. "babe, are you serious right now?"