Never Enough Time

I thought I'd start off with something different. People usually go Percy and Annabeth, to Jason and Piper, and all that shit. But there are more demigods in love than the seven. 

number one; Loucil (Lou Ellen x Cecil)

Lou Ellen didn't care. She wouldn't slow down, no matter what they said. She heard the news and her whole life screeched to a halt. Her heart skipped a beat and the world came crashing down upon her. 

Cecil was hurt. Her lungs screamed for air, begging to be given a break, but she didn't stop. The cabins and fields passed by her in a blur. Lou Ellen didn't care about anything else, only Cecil. Obnoxious, arrogant, clumsy Cecil. 

The Big House neared closer. That day it looked different. It held the answer, it held Cecil. 

She burst through the doors, taking the stairs two by two. 

"Where is he?" she demanded, "Where's Cecil."

Sammy, a son of Apollo, pursed his lips. He wouldn't talk. Lou Ellen's heart crumbled as she grew desperate.

"Please," she begged, "He's my only- my best friend, I need to see him!"

The son of Apollo sighed, "If you can handle it. That hellhound really beat him up." 

She sucked in her breath. Hellhound. When had he left camp boundaries?

Lou Ellen followed Sammy into a space separated by white sheets. On a red-stained cot lay none other than Cecil Markowitz. His shredded shirt was tossed to the side. There were gashes on his bony chest, oozing blood and a foam that made her gag. Poison. 

"You idiot!" she sobbed. 

All her emotions bubbled up to the surface. She was scared. Not even Percy Fucking Jackson could've survived that. How could wimpy little Cecil? 

"Nice to see you too," he groaned, shifting closer to her. 

His wince was like a stab in her heart. Cecil was more to her than just a friend. He'd always been more. 

Sammy rested a hand on her shoulder. Lou Ellen looked up and she could see it in his eyes: Cecil wasn't going to make it. The pity said it all. It stayed that way for just a moment before he left. 

For two years, Cecil had always been by her side. She looked at him, frail and in pain. She thought about everything he would miss. Becoming counselor of the Hermes cabin, his sixteenth birthday the following week. 

"I'm gonna die," he broke the silence. 

Lou Ellen was afraid to look at him. She didn't want to let her emotions take over. Imagine what he is going through, she told herself. 

"Don't say that," she scolded, setting herself down beside him. 

She could see the wounds more clearly then.  The longest ran from the navel up to his collarbone. All of them were deep, like someone decided Cecil's flesh was paper. It was a sickly green color on the outer edges, indicating poison. 

"Lou Ellen," his voice cracked, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone out. Connor and Travis did it and Alice and Julia said if I didn't do it I'd be a wimp, and I went out but it was waiting and I--"

His sentence was cut off by her lips against his. She'd never kissed anyone before, but the only person she'd want to share it with was dying right in front of her eyes. Their lips moved in perfect harmony, and she used her arm to prop him up, careful not to touch the gashes on his torso. 

"I love you," he murmured against her lips. 

"I love you too," she responded before continuing, 

Cecil's lips were soft, and she never wanted it to end. But suddenly he came to a stop, not moving. Lou Ellen knew what had happened. It wasn't a dream, she couldn't pretend. 

"Sammy." 

He appeared just seconds later and nodded. 

His blood stained her shirt, but she didn't care. Nothing mattered now that he was gone

"Why?" her eyes glistened with oncoming tears, "Why is there never enough time?"

Lou Ellen was never able to answer that question as long as she lived.