Sorella

everyone's gping to hate me.

number five; No ship (maybe some solangelo who knows)

Nico couldn't understand the new girl. Then again, he could barely understand himself, but something was different about her. The way she acted, moved, even talked, was all familiar to him. 

She was only about five, living with her mom in New Rome, the apartment across the hall. 

"I'm a daughter of Letus," she'd said shyly. "But my mom says Thantos is better because he's the god of death. And thats Greek"

Nico smiled at her reaction: fear. He'd felt the same way. 

"Well, Sorella, my dad is Hades, or Pluto. Pretty scary right?"

Sorella nodded with wide eyes. She even looked familiar, wide black eyes and smooth dark hair. A splash of freckles ran over her olive-colored nose. 

"It is. People think I'm scary, too. I am, but that's not the point. You're also powerful."

"I am?"

"Of course," for the first time in a while, Nico smiled, "Fear fuels power. Lots of people are scared of their parentage, and other things. But that's what makes them strong." 

She grinned, revealing a missing front tooth. 

They had conversations like that on most days. 

But one particular day came. It changed his life forever. 

"Who's that?" Nico asked, gesturing toward the stuffed wolf in her hand. 

"My wolf."

"What's its name?"

"Bianca."

He gasped. The familiarity. The wolf. Sorella. Sister. 

Rebirth. Rebirth. Rebirth. 

Nico ran back into his apartment and slammed the door shut. Behind the kitchen sink, Will jumped. 

"Nico?"

He couldn't pace his breaths. Everything was a complete mess. Nico couldn't think straight. He remembered her smile, her ghost, her hand in his, her death. She's dead, Nico.

Will ran over to him, wrapping Nico in his warm embrace. 

And all he wanted to do was cry.