Nothing Lasts Forever

hEY COMMENT YOUR IDEAS DOWN BELOW BAHAHAHAHA beLOW AHAHAHAHAH

@ will.exe has stopped working please try again later

number six: Frazel (Frank x Hazel)

"Who's that Mom?" Mulan asked curiously, pointing a thin finger at the boy in the picture. 

"If we every have a kid, though we might not, and like, I don't want to pressure you we're only sixteen--"

"Frank," Hazel giggled, "Get to the point already." 

"I want her name to be Mulan," his face was red. 

"And why is that?" she had asked, unable to contain her smile. 

"Well one, I like the movie. And two, it means magnolia. Magnolias are pretty hot."

"Like me?"

"Like you."

"Nobody," Hazel put on the facade that she gave nothing of the question, but on the inside she was screaming. 

She wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

"Is that my dad? Everyone is there, Percy, Leo, Uncle Nico, hell, even Jason is in it!"

"It's nobody, Mulan," she hissed, "Get ready for school."

"It's a Saturday afternoon."

Hazel sighed. Everyday was like a Saturday afternoon, lonely, tiring, sorrowful. It all happened on a Saturday afternoon. 

She placed a hand on her stomach. How was Hazel going to tell him? She'd gotten pregnant after the first try. 

Juventas was a bitch. Something was growing inside her. The thought made her giddy. She eventually had to tell Frank. The thought made her nauseous. 

"Hazel, are you alright!" he rushed up to her, "Annabeth said you needed me and--"

"I'm fine," she tried for a smile. 

Frank took a breath of relief and kissed her. One last, short-lived kiss. 

And before she could talk the emergency alarms went off. 

"Can't you answer me for once! I have the right to know!"

"It's nobody, Mulan" Hazel's voice wavered. 

"Yes it is someone!" she yelled, "I know that's Frank Zhang! Is that my dad or not?"

"What's happening?" Hazel asked, running down from the hill glaring down on New Rome. 

Frank reached for his bow, but she could tell he remembered: no weapons in the city. 

"Shit."

She grabbed his hand, "We gotta go down there and help. You fight, I'll get weapons from camp. Terminus won't be that much of a bitch if we're all dead!"

"Speaking of that, where the hell is Terminus?"

"YOU GET OUT OF MY CITY, NO WEAPONS BEYOND THIS POINT, YOU FIENDS!" someone screeched below. 

He looked into her eyes and gave her one last dorky smile, "Good luck, Haze. Love you."

"I--" she glanced down at her stomach, "--love you too."

"How do you know who Frank Zhang is?"

Hazel's heart pounded. She could only imagine the blubbering mess she'd become in just seconds. Frank's death was inevitable, yet she never forgived herself for letting him go alone. 

"Mom, please," Mulan begged, "If you have that picture of him and the others up, he must be important."

"How do you know?" she asked again. 

"Cally's dad told me you were apart of the Seven. Those group of demigods who saved everyone. Frank Zhang was a name I never knew," she admitted. 

Leo.

Of course he told her.

Dracaenae. Swarms of the snake women slithering into the city, where thousands of families lived. 

"Praetor Zhang, we're fine here! Go protect the center of the city! We only have veterans fighting there!" Reyna shouted, jamming her own spear into the chink of the monster's armor. 

"Got it!" He took off, clutching the bow Hazel had given him in his hand. 

She gripped her spatha tightly, readying to fight anything that neared her. 

It seemed like a never ending string. They marched through the city, ignoring Terminus's yells as he attacked. Skill wasn't an option. Hazel decided her best bet was to stab anyone in a three-foot radius. 

Her shoulders ached, back stiff from dodging attacks. It was exhilerating, yet terrifying. She was a pregnant woman fighting off monsters. I'm such a badass, she thought, pushing her weapon into the next victim.

By the time yellow dust coated her shoulders, the monsters were nearly gone. Or so the outer rings of the city had thought. 

A howl of pain shot through the musty air. Masculine. Loud. Familiar.

Hazel locked eyes with Reyna. The praetor mirrored her expression: complete, and utter fear. Together they ran to the center, praying to all the gods nothing happened to Frank. 

"Yes, Mulan, Frank Zhang is your father."

Her daughter's eyes widened. 14 years looking at that face, not knowing he was her father. Hazel couldn't believe she put Mulan through pain like that. 

Hazel fingered the picture, taken just days after the battle with Gaea on a new camper's phone before tossed away. The five boys, all with awkward expressions. Frank behind Percy, mid chuckle. 

She missed him. 

"Did he," Mulan swallowed, eyes welling with tears, "Did he know I existed?"

"Frank!" Hazel screamed, running to him. 

The snake-woman stood above with a malicious smile. His arm was wounded, a deep gash bleeding out quick. She held up her spear. 

"No!" she jumped, but it was too late. 

"No."