He Kissed A Boy

in honor of the blessed gays, like myself. lets do this shit

number three; Solangelo AU (Will x Nico)

"Your royal highness, Lord Hades and Princess Bianca are here for the marriage agreements," Will's advisor droned. 

He was just another suitor for another enemy. His father, Lord Apollo, could never keep his goddamned mouth shut. 

"Bianca is a close friend, Halcyon," he sighed, "Not a wife." 

"Well, whatever you consider her, this alliance is good for the two kingdoms. High Zeus is having enough trouble keeping the twelve counties together, and any more fighting will lead to nothing but trouble." 

Trouble. Like this wasn't trouble for him. The feelings stirred inside him. They were feelings a prince shouldn't feel. Will could've married any girl he wanted, but it didn't seem right. 

"Yeah, okay. Thanks for the help, Hal, but I'll take it from here."

Hal frowned, but exited the room with a bow anyway. 

Princess Bianca, of the Underworld Sector. Although they were only about two years apart, he could've sworn she babysat him at one point. 

I wonder if Nico will be there, Will thought. Nico was Bianca's younger brother, and the most beautiful human being on that Earth. Except, he never seemed to think so. 

"Your highness," Hal seemed more agitated outside the door, "I suggest you hurry." 

Will grabbed his yellow sash and stepped into the bright hallway. 

---

Apollo always insisted there be light. Their kingdom was all about sunshine, music, health, whatever else they stood for. Will loved it, but the Underworld Sector seemed to despise it. Lord Hades had a frown plastered on his pale face. 

Bianca stepped forward, grabbing Will's hands. Her smile faded, 

"I'm sorry, William."

"It's good."

She was dressed in a sheer black gown, the lace decorated with symbols representing Underworld Sector-y things, such as death. It was known for housing the graveyards for all of Olympus. 

Prince Nico stood beside his father. Wild black hair hung in his dark eyes, though ironically, he was attempting to shield the sun. 

He was the hottest piece of shit in the land, and Will hated himself for thinking it. A prince and a prince didn't go together. It wasn't tradition. 

"Well," Lord Hades bellowed, "What have you to offer for my daughters hand in marriage?"

He blanked, "Uh.. my hand."

Nico snickered while a shadow passed over his father's face. 

"Lord Apollo, there are other suitors for my daughter, and I don't need a brainless worm."

Will's dad laughed, "Oh, Lord Hades, I'm afraid not. Your only other option is Prince Connor, Lord Hermes' middle son. And based on what I've heard, he isn't really a keeper."

Lord Hades frowned, "I need more than your hand."

He didn't know what to say, but Prince Nico interjected, "Father, if your so desperate to offer Bianca to any idiot this nation has to offer, why even ask for a dowry?"

"Nico, please," Lord Hades growled. 

"No really," he persisted, "She obviously doesn't want it. You saw her trying to join Artemis' hunt. But you continue, and then you ask for more? Don't--"

"Nico! Nobody asked for your damn opinion, no one ever does! That's why I'm marrying off Bianca, not you. So don't get involved."

The boy's eyes widened in shock. For just a moment, Will could see the emotion in his face, embarrassment and sadness, before it became still like a stone. He bowed toward Will's father and exited the throne room. 

Without thinking, he ran after the Prince. 

His footsteps echoed on the marble floor. Where the hell is that guy? His answer came just seconds later. Right outside the palace, Prince Nico di Angelo sat in the garden, pulling out bright colored roses from the ground. 

"What did those roses ever do to you?"

"They made others happy," Nico replied. 

Will plopped ungracefully down beside him. The multicolored petals drifted away in the breeze. 

"And why is that a problem?" he asked curiously. 

"It's a problem because if everyone gets happiness, why can't I? Answer that, Prince William. Why do you get a father who cares, a big, happy place to live, and--"

The young prince didn't continue. He was interrupted by Will's lips against his. He was shocked, and clearly so was Nico. At first, he didn't kiss back and Will was worried that he did the wrong thing. 

Then he did. 

It was the best day of his life. Nico ran his hands through Will's unruly blonde hair. It didn't feel wrong like he thought it would. Everything was great. When his brain started functioning again, Will realized he was kissing Nico. 

The prince of the Underworld Sector, the brother of his future wife. 

"Nico di Angelo!" 

It, the kiss, was cut short when Lord Hades grabbed his son by the shirt and yanked him back. Will inwardly winced when Nico groaned in pain. 

Bianca stood not far behind with his father. Lord Apollo gave Will a thumbs up, while Bianca had an expression of complete, utter shock. But he could see the smile hidden beneath. 

Lord Hades was fuming, "You just want everything your sister has! Is that it? You will never be Bianca, you will never live up to her or your mother!"

"Screw you!" Nico's voice cracked, "I'm not Bianca, I'm not my mother, and you don't give two shits about her! You never did!"

"Well," Will's father intervened, "I think this was a great meeting. Ever think of father-son counseling?" 

"I apologize for my son's actions," he said the word with disgust. 

"And I apologize to Nico, for not getting him the hell out of our home in the first place," Bianca hissed. 

"I'm sorry, but can we not do this here?" Lord Apollo asked. 

Arguing. Because Will did one thing. He kissed a boy. 

"Shut up all of you!" Will shouted. 

All heads snapped toward him, even the rulers of their lands. 

"So what I kissed Nico? So what he kissed back? Guess what, a boy and a boy is no different than a boy and a girl and a girl and a boy. That was confusing shit but you get what I mean," he took a deep breath, "Dad. I'm gay. I don't want to marry Bianca. I don't want to marry a princess. This is a fucking injustice. A prince and a prince can bond the lands. One kiss with Prince Nico di Angelo and three years of being in love with my best friend's younger brother!"

Will grabbed Nico's hand and the two marched out of the garden, and lived happily ever after.