The Angsty Chapter

so yeah request any ideas or ships down below or pm me iM RUNNING OUT PLS SOS

number nine; no ship //Tratie (Travis x Katie)//

"What's wrong with him?" Katie asked the son of Apollo. 

He was no godly medic, but at least knew what he was doing. The only one in the entire cavern it seemed. 

Only twenty-five of the thirty demigods remained, and even the somehow-unkillable Travis Stoll was failing to stay alive. 

"The virus was somehow transmitted to him. All the infected were quarentined so I don't understand!" he looked at Will Solace, who was awake but non-responsive. 

Will Solace. The first to be infected by the disease. 

It spread quicker than fire in a forest of dry wood. Any contact led to transmission. But Leo hadn't been near anyone with the disease. 

"Why is acting like this, though?"

Travis's reaction was different. He couldn't move, couldn't talk, he could do anything. 

---

"The disease was spread from a plant called the Παράλυση λουλούδι, or paralysis flower." Will explained to the demigods of Camp Half-Blood. 

Thankfully he had recovered nicely and treated all the surviving victims. 

All of the campers were packed in the pavillion, listening eagerly as to what the next step was. It had been treated, but a cure was yet to be found. And unfortunately, two demigods were not responding to the treatment. 

Travis and Connor Stoll. 

"It didn't paralyze most of the infected, but rather left them unresponsive."

Katie wanted to scream. Most

Annabeth raised her hand from the front row, "What about Travis and Connor?"

There was a chourus of murmurs. Everybody knew about the two brothers in the infirmary. 

Will seemed uncomfortable with the attention. She noticed how Nico grabbed his hand, a small, but meaningful gesture. 

"I haven't yet figured out why it has a different effect on them," he told the campers. "It may have something to do with their mortal genes. We know it isn't Hermes' children because Cecil was recently cleared out."

"How can we fix it?"

"Get your dad to do something!"

"Thank you! That was so helpful!"

"That is enough! Now, I know it is late, but counselor meeting. Everyone else, to bed!" Chiron ordered. 

Katie jumped up from her seat, running over to Annabeth. The daughter of Athena was whispering something to Percy as she sprinted up beside her. 

"You okay, Katie?" Annabeth asked. 

She nodded, unsure if she was or not. Everybody was shaken up, but Annabeth's question was more on a personal level. Her feelings toward the Stolls have always been endearing. But Connor was like a little brother, while Travis..

The meeting was long. Lasted two hours after curfew. Multiple times, Katie was awoken by, ironically, Clovis after dozing off. 

"I'm doing the best I can!" Will shouted.

"Well, clearly your best is bullshit!" argued Clarisse. 

Katie glanced at the crackers and canned cheese in the middle of the ping pong table, untouched. Usually it was the two brothers messing around with it. 

"Both of you, quiet." Chiron scolded. 

Will noisily got out of his seat, "I'm going up to check on them. Anyone volunteer to stay up all night monitoring them. Sounds fun, right?"

The son of Apollo was clearly angry. She felt for him. The past four nights he was up there in the infirmary making sure vitals were stable and trying to come up with a cure. 

"Anything is fun with you. Let's go," Nico tried for a smile. 

"I'll come."

Everyone turned to her. Piper had a smirk on her face, but it disappeared quickly. 

"I mean," Katie chuckled nervously. "As obnoxious as the two are, they are sort of my best friends."

She was already halfway up the stairs before anyone could even comment.

---

Two weeks later, Travis finally responded after Will and Billie created a cure with a type of plant called ενισχυτής. Connor still wouldn't budge. It was difficult on the entire camp, but Travis wasn't dealing with it very easily. 

sjbf im not finishing this but basically, for the sake of angst: connor dies, travis freaks out, katie comforts, and cecil just about loses his shit goodnight