Prologue - Demanding Houseguest

I heard somewhere that Akira Toriyama had originally intended for Goku and Bulma to actually become a couple, but then Chichi happened. And, you know what? I think they would have made an excellent couple. So how would these two get together with Chichi and Vegeta in the picture?

Disclaimer: Dragonball Z and the characters do not belong to me, but I like to have fun with them in my imagination.

Bulma could once claim that she was the girl who had it all. Beauty, brains, wealth, good friends, loving and supportive parents, what more could any girl ever want? Lately, she thought to herself, maybe she had too much. Well, maybe just a bit too much of one thing.

Vegeta. The house guest that kept on giving. Or taking in her case.

He had been quite manageable when he first arrived to the planet which is why her parents and herself had allowed him to stay at Capsule Corp. He was actually very obedient in the beginning. He would bathe when she had insisted, go to bed at the similar hours as the rest of the household and was even slightly polite whenever he was required to speak. Perhaps his royal upbringing had taught him some sort etiquette when staying at a stranger's home. Yet the good behavior (if you could call it good behavior) didn't last.

When he learned of the Gravity Chamber, he became a man obsessed with increasing his own power. At first Bulma and Mr. Briefs quite enjoyed the challenge that Vegeta had put forth to them, since the both of them were the brightest scientists in West City. Manipulating the Gravity Chamber to increase the force upon the saiyan's body was a neat little project for them, as well as creating the state of the art robots for him to train with. The robots were entirely different task from the Gravity Chamber as they had to withstand the force placed on them and be just as agile their new house guest.

However, Vegeta was an abusive type of gentlemen, who had no appreciation for such exceptional equipment and caused the Gravity Chamber to malfunction on several occasions from his almost fanatical training. Mr. Briefs could not keep up with saiyan's prince demands and look after his Capsule Corp. business, so the responsibility of the Gravity Chamber's maintenance had fallen upon Bulma. It was practically full time job.

She kept telling herself she was doing her part in saving the world, because the stronger Vegeta got, the better his chances would be in defeating those future Androids which Goku had foretold. She sighed to herself. Saving the world with Vegeta was dull. Saving the world had been much more fun when she was younger…and when she had been saving the world with Goku.