Chapter 5 - Hidden Attraction

Vegeta could feel the pull of sunlight tugging at his eyelids. He awoke with start to find himself in his bed at the Capsule Corp. mansion. His memory was fuzzy but he knew this wasn't where he was last. He pulled himself up and could smell the faint scent of strawberries nearby him.

He turned to his side and saw Bulma fast asleep at the desk by his bedside. Her face was turned toward him, her fingers curled under her cheek with clouds of her magnificent aqua locks spilling over her hunched shoulders with a few wisps falling over her forehead.

Had she waited by his side the entire time he was out? Vegeta wondered as he watched her sleeping form. He didn't know if he was pleased or annoyed with her for worrying over him. He smirked, as he quickly decided that he would be pleased with it but only slightly annoyed. He didn't have a lot of time to spare any attention for Bulma and her actions, unless it coincided with the Gravity Chamber.

After Freiza's death he was searching for a purpose in his life. Becoming super saiyan had become that purpose, but even if he achieved that goal which he felt he was quite close to, it would be an empty victory.

That 3rd class saiyan and the lavender locked child who had unnatural interest in Vegeta's pink shirt had already become super saiyans. However, if Vegeta could become a super saiyan and defeat the Androids, it would be known that he and he alone was the most powerful being in the universe.

Although it was thoughts like this that usually occupied his mind, little things like Bulma sleeping by his side as he recovered did not go unnoticed by him. Vegeta never said it aloud, but there were a few things about the loud woman that managed to capture his interest.

The first time Vegeta saw her on planet Namek, he found her gorgeous with her untameable aqua mane and delectable body that was unfortunately covered by bulky armor. However, on her home planet, she wore ensembles that showcased her delightful figure that Vegeta couldn't always ignore.

Although he kept his face indifferent when she blew up at him, Vegeta was actually slightly amused with her fiery temper. Bulma's temper reminded him of the females from his planet, as they were quite similar in a rage.

He was also impressed with Bulma's intellect. He could not complain when she had tweaked the robot's abilities to more challenging. Her last enhancement to the Gravity Chamber was superb, it had allowed Vegeta to really let go. Perhaps, he had let go a bit too much considering his body was feeling more sore than usual.

But he didn't entertain such thoughts of Bulma for very long. Ultimately, he was just too focused on attaining super saiyan status. Even as he thought this, he brazenly stared at Bulma's sleeping figure, knowing that in the future he wouldn't have too many chances to gaze at her without getting questioned about his intentions. But Vegeta didn't even know what his intentions were.