Chapter 24 - Return of the Saiyan

"Lesson number one, Trunks. Where there's smoke, there's fire and where there's fire, wait for it…" Bulma told her son with a dramatic pause, "There are Androids!" She directed the aircraft right above the hustle and bustle around the explosion.

"Gah!" Trunks responded enthusiastically to his mother's first lesson. Bulma didn't find anything too thrilling at the explosion site when she hovered above it.

"Well, I guess they didn't stick around to check out the havoc they created. Well, there's another way to find them! We look for the Z warriors!" Bulma announced.

"Bub bub bub…?" Trunk gurgled.

"How, you ask? Well, luckily I was able to transfer Freiza's scouter technology into this aircraft and I just have to look for the highest power levels and that's where all the action will be!" Bulma answered triumphantly, as she pressed more buttons.

"Oh wow, Trunks. All the major power levels have all gathered in one area. It looks like they found the Androids!" Bulma hypothesized excitedly as she read the info on her dashboard. "Let's go!"

"Bub baaah!" Trunks chortled as they took off.

Bulma flew over a sparse valley surrounded by rocky cliffs which was where the entire Z crew had gathered. A cry escaped her lips as she took in the view of the scene before her. Piccolo was on the floor with Gohan crouched over him and Goku was being held up by his neck by portly fat guy wearing Aladdin pants, as an elderly gentleman with the Red Ribbon emblem stitched on his hat observed them high up in the air. Bulma guessed that the old man and the overweight guy must be the Androids that everyone had been training for as she didn't recognize them. She shook her head in disapproval, as she would never design robots that looked so dreadful. Upon closer inspection, she gasped as she realized that the old man was Dr. Gero himself!

Goku seemed to be in great pain as the fat man appeared to be absorbing Goku's energy. Then, without warning Vegeta materialized out of nowhere as he adeptly kicked the obese robot in the face, which cause him to release his deathly grip on Goku. The tubby Android landed a couple meters away with a very loud thud from the power of Vegeta's kick. Bulma's heart leap when she saw Vegeta acting heroically.

"Look Trunks! It's your daddy!" Bulma cried as she pointed to saiyan prince's figure. Trunks abruptly started to cry. Bulma quickly shoved a pacifier into his mouth as she turned back to view the fight and Trunks suckled happily.

By then, Piccolo had gotten up and didn't look too pleased as he was exchanging words with Vegeta. Vegeta then haphazardly picked Goku up and threw him into the Z fighter's direction and Piccolo caught him. Although Goku was no longer in the pudgy man's grip, it was apparent that he was still suffering as he clutched at his heart with a pained expression on his face.

"Oh no, it must be that heart disease he was warned about!" Bulma exclaimed, clasping her hands together as she sent a small prayer out for Goku's health.

Piccolo appeared to be discussing Goku condition with the rest of Z warriors as Dr. Gero observed the group with his cold steel blue eyes. Dr. Gero stood in the way of Mount Paozu, which is where Bulma supposed that Piccolo meant to send Goku. Bulma held her breath as she awaited the group's next move.

Due to his brash nature, Vegeta impatiently started to conjure up his energy as electric beams zipped around him and the earth under his feet began to rattle. With a loud cry, Vegeta expended his ki levels to the point that the ground was practically cratering underneath him. To everyone's amazement, Vegeta stood before them a super saiyan. Giving the tubby Android a charming smile, Vegeta charged into the startled robot. It wasn't too long before Vegeta handily dismantled the plump Android. He kicked the dismembered head of the fat Android towards Dr. Gero, smiling evilly at the elder robot. Dr. Gero did not look happy as he stared down at the broken pieces of his comrade. Vegeta appeared to be taunting the good doctor mercilessly and it didn't look like Dr. Gero was taking it lightly.